PS: Did Syracuse's Matthew Moyer make the most of his redshirt year? (SU player evaluation) | Syracusefan.com

PS: Did Syracuse's Matthew Moyer make the most of his redshirt year? (SU player evaluation)

I might look forward to these if they put a tad more effort into writing them.
The article could have just consisted of "He might have." Not really any more information than that. Personally I have high hopes for Moyer. I think he will surprise many people.

Starting to think he's more 6'7" than anything else. Is he going to be able to play inside on offense since his outside game isn't there yet?

Starting to think he's more 6'7" than anything else. Is he going to be able to play inside on offense since his outside game isn't there yet?

Novak is listed at 6-10 and Danny Green is listed at 6-6. If that is accurate than judging by those pictures Matt is a legit 6-7 possibly 6-8. He does like to attack the rim aggressively but I don't have much of a grasp on his post game.

Novak is listed at 6-10 and Danny Green is listed at 6-6. If that is accurate than judging by those pictures Matt is a legit 6-7 possibly 6-8. He does like to attack the rim aggressively but I don't have much of a grasp on his post game.
Size of his heart is what matters and his is HUGE

6'7" attacking the rim at this level could be tough for him. Guys that size that are successful getting to the rim have Battle like explosiveness or are very creative (say like Devendorf).

Kid seems smart and like a great guy, I'm just question a lot about him as a basketball player and his fit here.

I'll take skill over heart.
Unless they have the skill, but no heart for it to matter(a la, whatever happened to TR's ability to rebound last season!)

Unless they have the skill, but no heart for it to matter(a la, whatever happened to TR's ability to rebound last season!)

He couldn't understand that if he took jump shots he was going right back to the bench even after being told that for four years.

He couldn't understand that if he took jump shots he was going right back to the bench even after being told that for four years.
Yeah...he was very frustrating. I had such high hopes for him coming into the season. Someone, somewhere was telling him he had to be a scorer to make it. I wish someone just locked him in a room and made him watch footage of Dennis Rodman. That's the type of player he could be. Obviously, not at Rodman's level, but style of play should have been the same.

Obviously, JB saying he played 30 plus minutes and got 2 points didn't help. Now if he played 30 plus minutes and had 12 plus rebounds, I could care less if he had 2 points!

Yeah...he was very frustrating. I had such high hopes for him coming into the season. Someone, somewhere was telling him he had to be a scorer to make it. I wish someone just locked him in a room and made him watch footage of Dennis Rodman. That's the type of player he could be. Obviously, not at Rodman's level, but style of play should have been the same.

Nailed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom