PS: Matthew Moyer transforms body, shooting stroke in Syracuse basketball redshirt year | Syracusefan.com

PS: Matthew Moyer transforms body, shooting stroke in Syracuse basketball redshirt year

225 pounds is great. I'm not as concerned with him being a productive defensive player. I think he has the size and mindset for it and he is a really smart kid so I think he will be good in that respect. The biggest issue is his perimeter shooting. If he could be a consistent shooter that would be great but a departure from what his high school game was. Someone with more knowledge than me RF, Francis, Iommi, Dasher please correct me if you disagree. I will take a wait and see approach with that. Call me a skeptical person but I have read too many off season so in so has worked on their shot.

Couple things:

- Seems like a very intelligent guy. Looking forward to watching him out there representing Syracuse University.

- LOVE his comments on Lydon. Tremendous stuff and I believe it.

- Have to LOL at the 4 percent body fat comment. Not a chance. Professional bodybuilders who go through multi-month preps where they track every calorie they consume and ramp up cardio accordingly and cut out water before their show don't get that low. You don't walk around routinely at 4% body fat. Love that he has committed to transforming physically, but that number isn't right.

Couple things:

- Seems like a very intelligent guy. Looking forward to watching him out there representing Syracuse University.

- LOVE his comments on Lydon. Tremendous stuff and I believe it.

- Have to LOL at the 4 percent body fat comment. Not a chance. Professional bodybuilders who go through multi-month preps where they track every calorie they consume and ramp up cardio accordingly and cut out water before their show don't get that low. You don't walk around routinely at 4% body fat. Love that he has committed to transforming physically, but that number isn't right.

Pretty sure if you asked any message board poster their body fat % is around 4. So not sure what your problem is fatty.

Have to LOL at the 4 percent body fat comment. Not a chance.

This from Donna Ditota, the article's author, in response to a comment about the 4% body fat statement...

"Matt provided the numbers and I confirmed them with Ryan Cabiles, who does all the measuring."

Beautiful article. Can't wait to see what he can really do.

They used to say Roger Staubach's body fat was 4%. Could believe it when you looked at him.

Still, I've read that it's almost impossible to do, if it isn't naturally low.

225 pounds is great. I'm not as concerned with him being a productive defensive player. I think he has the size and mindset for it and he is a really smart kid so I think he will be good in that respect. The biggest issue is his perimeter shooting. If he could be a consistent shooter that would be great but a departure from what his high school game was. Someone with more knowledge than me RF, Francis, Iommi, Dasher please correct me if you disagree. I will take a wait and see approach with that. Call me a skeptical person but I have read too many off season so in so has worked on their shot.

Moyer's defense will be okay but one thing I know for sure is that he's not a shot blocker at all. I expect him to be fine with the slides and to hustle and, as you said, be smart out there.

His shot in high school was really funky but he made it work somewhat. I think he will be fine from 15 feet in and struggle from deep. My prediction is JB will have an extremely short leash with him as far as his outside shooting. If left unchecked, I wouldn't be shocked if Matt shot around 30% 3's. He's a hard worker, so nothing would surprise me. He may have completely overhauled his mechanics. Matt is very coachable, to say the least, and very cerebral. He's the ultimate gamer.

He looked like his body fat was ummm fairly high last year when he played. Not Mookie high but certainly not single digits either. I don't care what the number is if he is 225 and in game shape, that is good enough for now.

Why worry if he can shoot 3's. In his first year playing, if he can get some rebounds, play decent defense and maybe get 6-8 points/game we should be very happy.

Eh. Doesn't sell me.

None of this matters of course.

Agree. DEXA scan results pic or it didn't happen. Caliper measurements are laughable.

More to the point though, he improved his body composition which relates to better relative strength and an improved ability to move his body through space. Also improved his shot. Athleticism plus shooting percentage = contributions next year on both ends of the court.

Following the North Florida game in early December, I was with some friends at Tully's & Moyer walks in with former walk-on Mike Sutton. It was conference title weekend in CFB so the place was packed, we waited over an hour for a table. They were told it'd be a similar wait & were about to leave when we snagged 2 chairs & invited them to sit down. They were very appreciative & both were extremely polite, though we only spoke briefly because I didn't want to bother them. Matt is great kid & pretty knowledgeable about CFB. Also, neither one of them once cursed, even when talking amongst themselves. Matt actually used words in place of cursing like "shoot" & "frick", it was pretty comical...just not what you'd expect from a college kid. They each housed the 10 tenders w fries meal & also split a nacho platter.

The only reason I tell this story is because I'm likely, in part, to blame for him being at 4% & not 3%. Call me an "enabler" if you will :cool: