PS: Matthew Moyer transforms body, shooting stroke in Syracuse basketball redshirt year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Matthew Moyer transforms body, shooting stroke in Syracuse basketball redshirt year

The only 4% I know is crappy light beer. I'm at 40% with my booze, and body fat.

I'm always cautious when I hear about players working on their jump shot in the offseason, ever since the Tyler Roberson article/video from last year. Hopefully Moyer is different.
I'm always cautious when I read articles about how our players transformed their bodies after working with our S&C program.

I'm always cautious when I read articles about how our players transformed their bodies after working with our S&C program.

Yeah, didn't Tyler Lydon add like 15 pounds of "muscle" last offseason?

Yeah, didn't Tyler Lydon add like 15 pounds of "muscle" last offseason?
I remember some chatter about how he apparently bulked up a little bit. He looked like he was running in sand for most of the season.

I remember some chatter about how he apparently bulked up a little bit. He looked like he was running in sand for most of the season.

It was more specific than that. The chatter was that he added muscle.

He looked very soft. It definitely hurt his game.

Couple things:

- Seems like a very intelligent guy. Looking forward to watching him out there representing Syracuse University.

- LOVE his comments on Lydon. Tremendous stuff and I believe it.

- Have to LOL at the 4 percent body fat comment. Not a chance. Professional bodybuilders who go through multi-month preps where they track every calorie they consume and ramp up cardio accordingly and cut out water before their show don't get that low. You don't walk around routinely at 4% body fat. Love that he has committed to transforming physically, but that number isn't right.

I think 4% is his head fat. That's pretty good.

Study after study show good intratester reliability with calipers. People get too caught up in the numbers. If the same person measured him with calipers both times, what matters is that there was a significant decrease in bodyfat percentage accompanied by a weight gain, indicating a gain in lean muscle. Hopefully, it means he's a better basketball player next year.