PS: Syracuse recruit Tyler Roberson working to ensure eligibility | Syracusefan.com

PS: Syracuse recruit Tyler Roberson working to ensure eligibility

Had no idea this would be an issue. He seemed to have a really good support system from some of the videos I'd seen about him.

From the article, should be ok.
'"He's finishing up his courses (at Roselle Catholic) this week,'' the source said. "He should be fine. He'll be good to go.'''

Guess that's why we didn't hear of him training with the others the past few weeks.

Tee, you liking this post is proof-positive you'd "like" anything. :) I appreciate Extreme posting it, don't get me wrong, but this is obviously not a positive development worthy of a Tee. Hopefully, Roberson gets all his work done and will be good to go. I guess you're liking the dissemination of info and not the actual info.:confused:

Tee, you liking this post is proof-positive you'd "like" anything. :) I appreciate Extreme posting it, don't get me wrong, but this is obviously not a positive development worthy of a Tee. Hopefully, Roberson gets all his work done and will be good to go. I guess you're liking the dissemination of info and not the actual info.:confused:
Right. Liking the dissemination of information, and unlike most of you, relaxed.

Lets not jump the shark either.

Iommi, no offense my friend.
But give hope and positivity some credit.

Do you remember the last time we disagreed on this team and the outcome?
I do.
SUball

Btw, was that your simmah down now clip I "borrowed"?
My son has been saying it for the past 24 hours now.
Good stuff.
image.jpg

Iommi, no offense my friend.
But give hope and positivity some credit.

Do you remember the last time we disagreed on this team and the outcome?
I do.
SUball

I was actually not taking your post seriously at all and my post was meant in jest. That's why I used :) & :confused:. I'm not at all concerned about this situation with the Beast, despite my tendency in the past to easily hit the panic button. :cool: <-- That is I. Mr. cool, calm and collected. :rolleyes:

I was actually not taking your post seriously at all and my post was meant in jest. That's why I used :) & :confused:. I'm not at all concerned about this situation with the Beast, despite my tendency in the past to easily hit the panic button. :cool: <-- That is I. Mr. cool, calm and collected. :rolleyes:
Ha, my bad.
That's my bro!
I like to hear it, man.
:):cool:;):cool::)

the problem with this report is not so much his initial eligibility - SU has enough frontcourt depth that sitting TR out for a semester would not be devastating. It is more of an issue going forward - if he is finishing up HS classes this summer, that means he is not using the summer sessiona to get a jump on his freshman year coursework. That's a red flag to watch out for in this year's APR, and we don't have a lot of leeway as the standards are getting tougher and the recent 878 will be sitting on the books for a while

the problem with this report is not so much his initial eligibility - SU has enough frontcourt depth that sitting TR out for a semester would not be devastating. It is more of an issue going forward - if he is finishing up HS classes this summer, that means he is not using the summer sessiona to get a jump on his freshman year coursework. That's a red flag to watch out for in this year's APR, and we don't have a lot of leeway as the standards are getting tougher and the recent 878 will be sitting on the books for a while
Great point. College can be tough, and I hope he gets acclimated early. The academic world is so much harder in college, so I hope he has some good support, tutors, etc if needed. And hopefully, he takes some summer courses after this season to keep up the pace.

Please don't scare me like this. With the hot weather we're having I'm not sure how much more I can take!

Redshirt him, let him focus on the school work for a year, then get ahead next summer.

Am not surprised; Tyler is a good kid and trying hard but this could be an issue throughout his SU tenure.

That's a red flag to watch out for in this year's APR, and we don't have a lot of leeway as the standards are getting tougher and the recent 878 will be sitting on the books for a while

I'm pretty sure baring a catastrophic score we're fine. The 878 is obviously on the books for a while, but the 865 from 2009 is about to roll off. We're sitting on 2 1000's, an 865, and an 878. The 865 is rolling off this year and is going to be replaced with last year's score, which as far as I know, should be close to 1000, yes?

The 878 is on the books for a while, in order to get a 4 year rolling average of 930, the other 3 years would have to average about 947. That's not too difficult. (He says, jinxing things)

This is an excellent observation, and something I didn't want to think about it, so I deeply regret reading this post.

Redshirt him, let him focus on the school work for a year, then get ahead next summer.

Not to bash but by all means possible rather not.
Most important line.
"He's finishing up his courses (at Roselle Catholic) this week,'' the source said. "He should be fine. He'll be good to go.''

Most important line.
"He's finishing up his courses (at Roselle Catholic) this week,'' the source said. "He should be fine. He'll be good to go.''

With our current front line I wouldn't mind a redshirt at all but in this day and age Roberson would never go for that hoops is so different from football

Most important line.
I'm sure it's true he'll be eligible, but if he is someone that has difficulty with academics it would be nice to give him a year to get acclimated to college.

I think he transferred into Roselle heading into his Junior year. Must have feel behind on the academics when he was at his old HS. I'm sure everything will be taken care of and he'll qualify.

fwiw Roberson is one of the worst tweeters around. had to unfollow him, too much use of the N word being thrown around. Now throw in this and he is in my dog house :)