PS: Syracuse senior Dajuan Coleman on next year: "I'm definitely coming back'' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Syracuse senior Dajuan Coleman on next year: "I'm definitely coming back''

He will be a co-captain and a starter and will have more spring in his legs.
PC will be a key for us next year. You can't teach 7-2 and shot blocking out of that zone

Not all kids are on the same time schedule as far as mental development, same for physical development, lots of individual variation. He will be working on a masters degree.

Newhouser said:
Great for the kid and the team. Center position is set with a 2 deep. Lydon moves to the 4 and emergency 5. Plus kid is a good example of using your time on the hill academically as well leaving with a Masters. Wins all around.

Roberson probably still starts at the 4. Lydon at the 3, not that it matters.

I like him. All he needs to do on offense is hang on to the ball, pump fake, and get fouled.

in my years of experience these february statements made by college players who say they are "coming back" are about as reliable as that little groundhog sticking his tiny head outta some hole. take it for what it is worth.

in my years of experience these february statements made by college players who say they are "coming back" are about as reliable as that little groundhog sticking his tiny head outta some hole. take it for what it is worth.
Agreed - Johnny Flynn initially said he was coming back. I don't think anyone was shocked when he changed his mind later.

Flynn had to choose between returning to school or being a 1st round draft pick.

I don't think DC's options are going to change much between now and April.
Absolutely true, but he may decide it makes more sense to start making money. Again, he may very well stay, and that's a positive for us. I just don't put too much stock into what he says now.

PC will be a key for us next year. You can't teach 7-2 and shot blocking out of that zone
as one of the first guys off the bench...you are correct.

We're going to play 8 next season!
635898597872138627-1449886399_royals-fan-jiggles-2.gif%3Fw=1000

No one was pushing Coleman out the door, but with the steady recruitment for another C type (especially one who was waiting until very late in the recruiting process and has a stated desire for plenty of minutes) for the 2016 class and arrival of Chukwu, some folks we're wondering how everyone would be kept happy. That, combined with Coleman's knee issues and limited opportunity to make any money as a basketball player, started some speculation that he could leave for some foreign leagues after graduating and forego a 5th year of eligibility. That's not the case and that's fantastic.

I don't think there is one is fan who wouldn't want to have Coleman return as a 5th year senior. Those two minutes to start the second half against FSU was sight to behold. That drive from the key? Gottdang. I think he'll do well with another year to recover and get used to playing with the body (and limitations from the knees) he has now.

Fly Rodder said:
No one was pushing Coleman out the door, but with the steady recruitment for another C type (especially one who was waiting until very late in the recruiting process and has a stated desire for plenty of minutes) for the 2016 class and arrival of Chukwu, some folks we're wondering how everyone would be kept happy. That, combined with Coleman's knee issues and limited opportunity to make any money as a basketball player, started some speculation that he could leave for some foreign leagues after graduating and forego a 5th year of eligibility. That's not the case and that's fantastic.

I don't think there is one is fan who wouldn't want to have Coleman return as a 5th year senior. Those two minutes to start the second half against FSU was sight to behold. That drive from the key? Gottdang. I think he'll do well with another year to recover and get used to playing with the body (and limitations from the knees) he has now.

Forget the hulk, he turned into teen wolf for those 2 minutes against fsu.

Here's hoping that he has a Jackson type jump in his stats. If he only learn NOT to bring the ball down low every time he touches it. that's his biggest down fall. As for recruiting another 5 type to come in next year, all the better.

This provides an excellent time frame for him to finish out next year and Diagne to be ready to roll after Juco for the following 2 years. Cupboard is completely empty of bigs after '19 in that scenario though so obviously would need an impact big by the '18 class.

Here's hoping that he has a Jackson type jump in his stats. If he only learn NOT to bring the ball down low every time he touches it. that's his biggest down fall. As for recruiting another 5 type to come in next year, all the better.

every. time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom