PS: Word on injured Syracuse football receivers: Yes, Maybe, and No. | Syracusefan.com

PS: Word on injured Syracuse football receivers: Yes, Maybe, and No.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Very good info in that report. It will be intersting to see what Fleming can do. When he, Lemons, and Stevens come back, Nassib is going to have a LOT of weapons in the arsenal. A far cry from the Rice Moss / Tim Lane days, or the intermittent years where it seemed like we had only a receiver or two who were worth a , with everyone else decidedly subpar.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...acuse_football_rece.html#incart_river_default

Syracuse, NY – Syracuse University head coach Doug Marrone said the Orange should have tight end David Stevens back for this weekend’s game against No. 1 Southern California, but he wasn’t sure about wide receiver Alec Lemon.

Another receiver, junior Adrian Flemming, should be back on the practice field this week.

I of course am glad to add to our weapons arsenal but am hopeful this doesnt bring the return of the 2 tight end set as staple in our O.

I'd like to think it doesnt but feel it may be a 50/50 proposition

Very good info in that report. It will be intersting to see what Fleming can do. When he, Lemons, and Stevens come back, Nassib is going to have a LOT of weapons in the arsenal. A far cry from the Rice Moss / Tim Lane days, or the intermittent years where it seemed like we had only a receiver or two who were worth a ****, with everyone else decidedly subpar.

Early reports were that Flemming was having a better camp than anyone but possibly Lemon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I of course am glad to add to our weapons arsenal but am hopeful this doesnt bring the return of the 2 tight end set as staple in our O.

If they do go with 2 TE personnel, I suspect you will see at least on of those TE shift out to the slot during pre-snap reads.

Having 2 TEs and no huddle forces the D to make a decision, personnel wise, whether to play for the power run game, or bring in an extra DB. SU might then take what the D gives and/or force match ups of LBs on our smaller TEs.

Unless Lemon is 100% hold him out and let him get a few reps against stony and be set for the rest of the year. Hammys are tough

Unless Lemon is 100% hold him out and let him get a few reps against stony and be set for the rest of the year. Hammys are tough

Agreed why risk a setback on a game your not going to win. Id rather have him back for SB or Minny, give him another week.

Who's one of Marrone's best friends? Where did that guy work the last couple of years?

If Marrone has two TE's with decent mobility and hands, he's going to put them on the field together.

Still allows you to threaten all areas of the field, and with motion allow you to run to power. To TE's with Alec Lemon on the field gives you power at the point of attack and blocking up field. You can be in a four receiver set and quickly get into a set that can spring a quick toss.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...acuse_football_rece.html#incart_river_default

Syracuse, NY – Syracuse University head coach Doug Marrone said the Orange should have tight end David Stevens back for this weekend’s game against No. 1 Southern California, but he wasn’t sure about wide receiver Alec Lemon.

Another receiver, junior Adrian Flemming, should be back on the practice field this week.
Clark was outstanding but we have Hale,Cornelius and Lewis in reserve . I say use them if Lemon is on the sidelines. They aren't an unbeatable team but they are very good. Any team on any given day can be beat.A lot of Orangemen should be up for this one Saturday. It might be good if the coaches had a plan besides bed checks in NJ. :p

Clark was outstanding but we have Hale,Cornelius and Lewis in reserve . I say use them if Lemon is on the sidelines. They aren't an unbeatable team but they are very good. p

You know that Hale, Cornelius and Lewis are very good based on what?

You know that Hale, Cornelius and Lewis are very good based on what?

I believe he is saying USC is very good but not unbeatable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Who's one of Marrone's best friends? Where did that guy work the last couple of years?

If Marrone has two TE's with decent mobility and hands, he's going to put them on the field together.

Still allows you to threaten all areas of the field, and with motion allow you to run to power. To TE's with Alec Lemon on the field gives you power at the point of attack and blocking up field. You can be in a four receiver set and quickly get into a set that can spring a quick toss.

I hear what your saying, but count me in the camp that would rather see a combination of 3 of Lemon/Sales/Kobena/Slash on 2 CBs and a safety OR if they choose to nickle package our trio, the running game opens up more due to less "run stopping types" on the field.

I always prefer to package "run stopping types" to the sidelines rather than use a (double tight) package that allows them on the field as we prepare to block them with our extra TE. The exception would be if our 3rd reciever does not have an appreciable adavantage over a safety, which has been the case over the last decade mostly but i dont beleive is the case this year :)

Doris let the cat out of the bag on the broadcast. Lemon's problem is a hamstring and, as everyone knows, they can be pesky and take lots of time to fully recover from. I would bet they will be extremely conservative in getting him back.

Doris let the cat out of the bag on the broadcast. Lemon's problem is a hamstring and, as everyone knows, they can be pesky and take lots of time to fully recover from. I would bet they will be extremely conservative in getting him back.

Wait, Doris was in the dome and nobody told me?! Did she say on the 2 point conversion, "Ryan Nassib smells deuces"

From the spring game, I was highly impressed with Flemming and how well he moved after the catch. He also caught the ball away from his body. The kids has a WR body much like M Jones, and IMHO a very high upside if he can put it all together. He also has some deceptive speed.

Beth Mowins did the game on Saturday.

Beth Mowins did the pbp.

Jenn Brown did ... whatever it is that she does. :p

The receivers have to get separation earlier this weekend than they did vs NW and I can't wait to see which guys step up to the task and do so. I want Lemon to sit until the Minny game, we need him for the big east and going 4-3 in the league is imperative with the NW loss now on the books.

Getting Stevens back is great news and I'm looking forward to seeing Fleming play after his solid spring.

I really hope Kobena and Clark continue their progress, those were nice surprises...knew they had talent but showing in games is a big plus.