Pump fakes | Syracusefan.com

Pump fakes

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Our coaches need to teach the team the value of pump fakes. Other teams use them to perfection, and we never use them. The Sidibe dunk attempt that was stuffed was a perfect example. Essentially a 1-v-1 play, nobody else within 2 steps. The Clemson defender was jumping at first movement all the way. All Sidibe needed to do was move the ball up without jumping, get the defender in the air, then go into him and draw the foul, or wait a half second for him to fly by and get a wide open dunk. I see this happen constantly with Oshae, Moyer, Chukwu, and Dolezaj. It's a huge reason our low post scoring is awful. Defenses know we don't pump fake, so they jump up for the block at first movement. You need to make a defender think about a pump fake to keep them on their heels. Is G-Mac coaching our bigs? I know it used to be Hopkins.

They don't have to work on that cause they are to busy running pick and roll with PC on every play.
I must have missed the 40 games where PC played like Karl Malone.

Clearly drilled in the Nova players hesds year after year...we must have forgotten those drills

Our coaches need to teach the team the value of pump fakes. Other teams use them to perfection, and we never use them. The Sidibe dunk attempt that was stuffed was a perfect example. Essentially a 1-v-1 play, nobody else within 2 steps. The Clemson defender was jumping at first movement all the way. All Sidibe needed to do was move the ball up without jumping, get the defender in the air, then go into him and draw the foul, or wait a half second for him to fly by and get a wide open dunk. I see this happen constantly with Oshae, Moyer, Chukwu, and Dolezaj. It's a huge reason our low post scoring is awful. Defenses know we don't pump fake, so they jump up for the block at first movement. You need to make a defender think about a pump fake to keep them on their heels. Is G-Mac coaching our bigs? I know it used to be Hopkins.
Lydon was run outta town for his pump fakes

Our inbounder didn’t pass to the deep option who had nobody within 30 feet of him, and we missed a wide open layup off a play we actually ran well after a TO...you guys want to hammer the coaches for everything. Maybe the players just aren’t very good yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom