Purdue-Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue-Louisville

Any chance you can spill some of the stories? We have no loyalty to that coach. Unless you think it would embarrass Hop
When it was time to go to larger AAU tournaments he would sit down with the staff like 4 days before it started and ask his assistants which players they would like to go see. Then they would buy plane tickets around 24 hours before or something. They would not divide and conquer sometimes 2 coaches liked the same player and both wanted to seem him play so they would go to watch and not even stay for additional games to watch other kids. They also didn't believe in advanced scouting because as it was explained to me by someone on staff that Romar though it was too confusing for kids. I know someone who was on a staff when one of his assistants moved on to be a head coach at a smaller school and they didn't even know who the shooters were on the other team because they thought it was too much for kids to remember. One kid hit 3 triples in 4 trips and they called a timeout and the coach yelled at the kid guarding him that he needed to get out on their best shooter. The kid responded sorry coach I didn't know that kid was a shooter. Romar would show up to practice and literally 2 minutes before it started he would tell his assistants he was watching this video and wanted to try something new and would go off on some tangent and waste the entire practice without go through anything meaningful for their upcoming game.

Romar also demoted his head assistant to be special assistant to the head coach and took him off the road and didn't tell him. It was put on twitter and someone that knew the coach called him to ask where he took a job at. He asked what the person was talking about and the person said well on twitter the announced a new head assistant. I assumed you took a head job at a smaller school. That is how the guy found out and had to confront Romar to have it told to his face. Really professional.

VJ King, as expected, is turning into the man for l'vlle - Spalding also looks much improved

Romar also demoted his head assistant to be special assistant to the head coach and took him off the road and didn't tell him. It was put on twitter and someone that knew the coach called him to ask where he took a job at. He asked what the person was talking about and the person said well on twitter the announced a new head assistant. I assumed you took a head job at a smaller school. That is how the guy found out and had to confront Romar to have it told to his face. Really professional.
Thanks for the great stuff. It's pathetic. I'm a crappy player but thanks to this board could probably coach better than that character!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom