Purdue Postgame Party... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Postgame Party...

It was a horrible call. Still the worst was the missed PI in the end zone.
Su could have easily put up 50 on Purdue.
Army will be over by the half.

That was as bad a call as I’ve ever seen and at the time, a really important part of the game. They had just called a penalty on Purdue on the previous play, I’m guessing that may have factored into it. It doesn’t matter though, that wasn’t a “could have called it, could let it go” call. Guy runs right into the WR, not even looking at the ball, well before the ball even gets there. Those are potentially game changing no calls.

So rewatching the game. The bad spot subsequent snap infraction on Reed in the first quarter, the spot was off by about two yards, then Reed’s snap infraction was legit touching/grabbing the ball. It seems to me that the refs screwed up the spot (chains actually started moving) and when they reset the side judge thought Reed moved the ball because where it was placed was a first down according to the sticks. Unreal incompetence.

There were 6 QBs who had better performances than Shrader?!
Top 3 had very good games and the OU QB had a great game but vs Tulsa. Not sure about the other two.

Good point and at the risk of being a Debbie Downer BSer again, Shrader would have had better passing stats with a little more help from his friends.

AND - another 20+ yards rushing and a TD had he chosen to sprint that last run, vs jog and then slide.

I’m now honestly kinda PO’d he didn’t do that.

A - because PurDont’s classless HC called another TO immediately after that.

B - because everybody who just looks at the score woulda seen what a beatdown it actually was, had we won by 3 TD’s instead of 2.

C - for higher rankings on stupid, meaningless lists like this.

Master class video. Did I correctly see 86k views of that video? That will be part of QB training classes for staffs for the next decade. My guess DCs at every school on our schedule also have sent that to all their players and coaches.

Ok, so - is that Villari who is sprinting his balls off downfield trying to get a block, only to let up when he sees Shredder is sliding?

Because - that. is. AWESOME.

Dude was bringing it on that play.
LOVE to see that kinda effort - hope he gets to channel that more productively in future games.
(Looking at you, Clempsum)

Attachments

• IMG_1893.png
    IMG_1893.png
    914.8 KB · Views: 101
We won by 15 on the road, at night to a good big ten team in our first P5 game of the year and thats your post?
I think it was a tongue in cheek way of saying we dominated so much we should have won by four tuchdowns.

A couple other postgame thoughts.

The turnovers weren’t really that big a factor as far as setting up our offense.

The first fumble was going to be a 4th down stop. Card was not making the line. That’s really a turnover on downs deep into our territory.

We got nothing out of Wax’s pick.

The other two fumbles in the first half were deep in our territory…we had to generate offense to get points on the board.

My point being, we essentially put up 35 ( 42w/o the slide), without being given a short field. The offense, though limited, is still potent.

Card threw some big boy passes. I think he’s going to be a good one if they get a RB. Mockabe was very pedestrian. Their back up RB had more speed and wiggle.

Surprised we only saw 1-2 screen plays. I think our system sets up the screen game nicely. Allen’s ball security has been great so far. I was concerned about him fumbling coming into the season.

I’ll reiterate that I love the deep shots we take. We’re going to need to hit 2-3 a game to be successful.

The turnovers weren’t really that big a factor as far as setting up our offense.

The first fumble was going to be a 4th down stop. Card was not making the line. That’s really a turnover on downs deep into our territory.

The other two fumbles in the first half were deep in our territory…we had to generate offense to get points on the board.

My point being, we essentially put up 35 ( 42w/o the slide), without being given a short field. The offense, though limited, is still potent.

Card threw some big boy passes. I think he’s going to be a good one if they get a RB. Mockabe was very pedestrian. Their back up RB had more speed and wiggle.

Surprised we only saw 1-2 screen plays. I think our system sets up the screen game nicely. Allen’s ball security has been great so far. I was concerned about him fumbling coming into the season.

I’ll reiterate that I love the deep shots we take. We’re going to need to hit 2-3 a game to be successful.
Agreed. It didn’t help our offense. But Purdue squandered two huge opportunities deep inside the red zone for points. Had they capitalized and got even 6 points, we would have had a 1 or 2 point game headed in to the final minutes or been trailing.

Agreed. It didn’t help our offense. But Purdue squandered two huge opportunities deep inside the red zone for points. Had they capitalized and got even 6 points, we would have had a 1 or 2 point game headed in to the final minutes or been trailing.
Scoreboard. Why worry about this and that? That is for the coaches to work on. Enjoy the win!!

We can also play the game of what if the PI on Alford is called and what if we don't have all the drops... that easily becomes 7 or more points to the 6 points Purdue gets. Their holder and kicker struggled at times too...

I've posted it too many times but I'm very curious of when we can get Pena back to both help shorten the field for our offense at times as well as be a weapon in the slot and flats along with Allen. It would help to keep the linebackers and safeties eyes busy with that threat as well not to mention giving Shrader more easy passes to hit to keep things simple and keep him upright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom