Q- | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Q-

I bumped this because of the original post from Jake which I agreed with 100% at the time. That's why this is so gut wrenching to hear about things behind the scenes that suggest that there was a Mr Hyde to his Dr. Jeckyl. His potential is huge and it'll be SU basketball tragic if he matures and realizes his ceiling at another place. I'll never wish him ill but I would have a hard time rooting for him any more than any other kid that I don't know at another school.

I bumped this because of the original post from Jake which I agreed with 100% at the time. That's why this is so gut wrenching to hear about things behind the scenes that suggest that there was a Mr Hyde to his Dr. Jeckyl. His potential is huge and it'll be SU basketball tragic if he matures and realizes his ceiling at another place. I'll never wish him ill but I would have a hard time rooting for him any more than any other kid that I don't know at another school.
Looking back through, Bulldog not commenting might have a been a sign of something interesting going on in the background. Who knows though, he’ll end up somewhere and do well enough.

I watched a Devo and K-Jo cast about a month ago after the Benny exit where they spent about 15 mins talking about how you're dumb if you don't take the opportunity to play Syracuse b-ball to the max... Realize it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and you should focus on getting EVERYTHING you can get out of it... coached by Tier1 coaches, facilities, dome and fan experience, education, etc. and that if you don't seize the opportunity to the fullest extent, you will regret it, as it goes by so quickly...

I assumed they were talking just about Benny and they didn't air any dirty laundry, but, in hindsight, I think it's very likely they knew some of the dirty laundry being whispered now beyond just Benny's situation and it was a broader theme of purpose.

I also am disappointed that I am hearing (separate from this board) that there were things with Q. Love him as a player, but we need a T E A M. and no disruptions going forward. With that, he will be gone. Wish him the best elsewhere.

Based on what we (those without insider knowledge) are now hearing about Q, it get's me thinking... who was the last player who was a fan favorite that this board seemed to love and see as a leader but was quite different in reality? Essentially, who was the last player we really got wrong? I'm really disappointed by the news concerning Q.

I don't really like the rumor mongering and hearsay college kids do a lot of dumb stuff and aren't saints not sure why noone is posting the rumors about what he did but I understand it might go against forum rules.

From a basketball perspective alone there is noone in a better position to step up if Judah and Taylor leave than Copeland. People change and he probably can grow up in the offseason.

Its a fact that no one cheered their teammates on harder from the bench and hyped them up than him this year.

Taylor is not good enough and if we improve the roster may end up DNP'd next year so he has to go. I can't really make a case for a third Mintz season even though hes 2nd team All ACC given the extremely high usage. We have one super athletic player who can fill both positions extremely well at times averaged 10 ppg in about 20 mpg and this forum is all cheering on his departure? Disappointing.

I've been here before as a Syracuse fan was crushed at the way the city and fanbase treated Devo at the end and really wanted him back for his final season. Luckily its ended up OK in time and we were good the following season but at the time it drove me insane.

I don't really like the rumor mongering and hearsay college kids do a lot of dumb stuff and aren't saints not sure why noone is posting the rumors about what he did but I understand it might go against forum rules.

From a basketball perspective alone there is noone in a better position to step up if Judah and Taylor leave than Copeland. People change and he probably can grow up in the offseason.

Its a fact that no one cheered their teammates on harder from the bench and hyped them up than him this year.

Taylor is not good enough and if we improve the roster may end up DNP'd next year so he has to go. I can't really make a case for a third Mintz season even though hes 2nd team All ACC given the extremely high usage. We have one super athletic player who can fill both positions extremely well at times averaged 10 ppg in about 20 mpg and this forum is all cheering on his departure? Disappointing.
Come on man you’ve been posting here for years you should know the posters who have info by now as hard as that may be to take.

Wasn't there a rule change where players are not required to attend school any more?
i honestly don't even know if that matters anymore. he prob can "zoom" in.

I've been here before as a Syracuse fan was crushed at the way the city and fanbase treated Devo at the end and really wanted him back for his final season. Luckily its ended up OK in time and we were good the following season but at the time it drove me insane.
Did that teach you to trust the coaches and what you heard here from our insiders?

Did that teach you to trust the coaches and what you heard here from our insiders?
Sure. But like Billy this is a player we will wish we gave another chance.

Hoops alone fills the hole Mintz and Taylor leave with both being the guys who took his minutes and likely the reason he acted up not starting. Less pressure on the freshmen.

Again noone cheered their teammates on harder than him this year.

As long as it’s not in the ACC, I’ll root for him. Like with Quincy and Kadary. He comes across as a likable kid (if a bit immature), and I agree that’s why this is so gutting to hear there were some problems behind the scenes. JB was all tough love in his coaching, but also one to put up with more nonsense and bad behavior than Red seems willing to.

JB was all tough love in his coaching, but also one to put up with more nonsense and bad behavior than Red seems willing to.
If that is true then why was Q not disciplined at any point during this season??? Either these rumors surrounding Q are not true or Red put up with a heck of a lot from Q and did not discipline him in any real way. You cannot believe these rumors about Q while saying that Red put up with less nonsense than JB. You just can't. And no, not giving him a starting spot does not count as discipline.

I understand your sentiment and your love for Q and his game. But if Red, the staff and Q feel it’s best to part ways, I’ll accept it. As the head coach, Red wants to do things his way, and I want him to be hugely successful here. So if he thinks this is best choice for Syracuse to get back to our elite standard, then I’ll support the decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom