Class of 2024 - QB AJ Miller (NY) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/30/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB AJ Miller (NY) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/30/24)

Especially from the offensive coordinator. Seems like if they did, that would be a job more fitting for an assistant. Are we positive he wasn't offered a scholarship?
It shows the depth of sincerity that HCFB's staff has. I imagine them discussing his potential, the growth(and commitment) it will take, and how- after 3-4 years - Miller's role as a stud back up and potential starter will be set in atone. I wish we could have a Phil Wilcox every year.

Let's give the kid some love!

1969 Dodge Dart.jpg

They really put a press and strong effort into this kid. They obviously see something in him beyond just being a warm body if needed.

They must think he has an attribute or two that they can develop and make him a quality part of the program.

Went from 55% to 71% his Sr jr so that was nice.

One good thing in his highlights is that he wasn't throwing into huge windows and high pointed a ton of throws.

At least he can throw 50 yds down field, which is more than we could do last yr.

You can make your team better by recruiting better players or recruiting better depth.

We have had issues with quality and depth for a while now.

It appears Coach Brown is addressing both areas.

This helps ensure we don't end up with a QB room again like the one we had late in 2023.

Adding some good OL and retaining the guys we like on that unit doesn't really help the quality of the unit but I think we are going from 5 or 6 serviceable OL to hopefully 10 or 11. That should make a difference over the course of the season.

If the ultimate goal is to circle the wagons in the NE and in particular NYS, giving the kid a full court press even as a PWO, can’t help but build relationships with the coaching staff in that HS and that area (which Rye, NY is on of the wealthiest in the country). I love it.

Really high quality walk on. He's not a runner by any means and not really elusive but he seems to at least have a good feel for when to move in the pocket when needed. Kid is very accurate. No easy passes in his highlights. Lots of deep shots. Throws a very catchable ball right where the receiver wants it.

Last edited:
That rivals article after his visit says the coaches laid out a plan for him to earn a scholarship, that they thought he had a shot to earn the starting job in his career, and that he was the only PWO qb they were planning to offer.

Last edited:
I would imagine coach Nunzio will be of help mentoring him at QB. He's a great QB coach - mentored 7 All - State QB's while at Bergen Catholic. :)
There were some overreacting during the bowl game and said during it Nunzio wasn’t qualified for the job of QB coach.

If/when one or two Qb’s depart, opportunity to put him on scholarship, assuming enough other spots are freed up to cover others coming in September.

If not that at least a path to a full ride must have laid out.

For real. Tuition costs like 7 million dollars a semester plus your eternal soul. I love SU as much as the next guy but id have a hard time stomaching that bill for 4 years... (though as a 17 year old kid I wouldn't think about the crippling life debt and say YOLO I'm Orange because lord knows I didn't understand the gravity of my financial choices then)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom