Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

Yes I was thinking of Garden City CC in NYC ... that is why. Chugg is correct.

I think i'm wrong too because I assumed you both were saying Kansas and him NY. I'm stepping away now.

I think i'm wrong too because I assumed you both were saying Kansas and him NY. I'm stepping away now.

Its Tuesday ... honestly I'm still in holiday mode with some things ... I know we have pulled kids from Garden City CC before that is why I was so hopeful ... oh to be oh so wrong LOL

I wish he knew his situation wasn't going to work out earlier. He could have gone to a JUCO this year and next then be here in time to be the starter the year after hunt leaves. Seems like it would have been a perfect transition that could have been.

Orange4 said:
I wish he knew his situation wasn't going to work out earlier. He could have gone to a JUCO this year and next then be here in time to be the starter the year after hunt leaves. Seems like it would have been a perfect transition that could have been.

This was is on Shafer. He placed too much stock in Edourad. Knowing he was as an academic risk, Shafer should have been recruiting more than one QB for this class. An epic fail on his part considering the state of our QB situation.

This was is on Shafer. He placed too much stock in Edourad. Knowing he was as an academic risk, Shafer should have been recruiting more than one QB for this class. An epic fail on his part considering the state of our QB situation.

He grabbed AJ in the previous class and Dungey in this class ... I think he has the position covered since Kimble, Wilson and Hunt were already there ... can't have 15 on the roster. Granted it sucks that none have panned out the way we hopped but its not like they haven't grabbed any.

Wish him the best, but time to move on. I like Dungey anyway. I just want to win!!!!! Never thought he would make it here to begin with.

We weren't recruiting a QB until Alin didn't make it. Then we decided to recruit Dungey, who committed. We did replace him...

We weren't recruiting a QB until Alin didn't make it. Then we decided to recruit Dungey, who committed. We did replace him...
Weren't you the one who basically guaranteed that he would be on campus in January?

Whether or not Alin ever makes it at this point means nothing really. Dungey is coming in, we're going to have 4 QB's on scholarship. Next year it appears we're in the running for some other recruits that fit the bill. Even if Alin did want to come here after fulfilling JUCO obligations, I'm not so sure I want someone who is a 2 for 2 or 3 for 2 at that position. I want somebody that developed in the system.

Now, the system may not be in place at that time, but, you've got to move forward with what you got and have faith that it works out.

Whether or not Alin ever makes it at this point means nothing really. Dungey is coming in, we're going to have 4 QB's on scholarship. Next year it appears we're in the running for some other recruits that fit the bill. Even if Alin did want to come here after fulfilling JUCO obligations, I'm not so sure I want someone who is a 2 for 2 or 3 for 2 at that position. I want somebody that developed in the system.

Now, the system may not be in place at that time, but, you've got to move forward with what you got and have faith that it works out.

I agree Fin - Its also worth noting that he had the entire semester off to get bigger and stronger and based on the picture he didn't. Not sure he was going to step right in and be what some people think he could have been. But like most things its not really a Syracuse topic unless it can be complained about.

I think whether or not you bring him in should be based on how he does at GCCC. If he plays lights out bring him in, if not let him go elsewhere ...

I think whether or not you bring him in should be based on how he does at GCCC. If he plays lights out bring him in, if not let him go elsewhere ...
Although I agree that if he's ridiculously good at GCCC that you need to give the situation a long look. I've never liked the JUCO QB situation. I know you have situations like Cam Newton and others who've had great success, but overall, I'd think the percentages are not typically that good.

Although I agree that if he's ridiculously good at GCCC that you need to give the situation a long look. I've never liked the JUCO QB situation. I know you have situations like Cam Newton and others who've had great success, but overall, I'd think the percentages are not typically that good.

Given our past success - or lack thereof - at the position, I'm pretty sure we should be looking at everything and everyone. Including JUCOs, despite their lack of success as a whole.

Given our past success - or lack thereof - at the position, I'm pretty sure we should be looking at everything and everyone. Including JUCOs, despite their lack of success as a whole.

I agree with both of you :) See I should be a politician :)

B6w0xThCYAACvkX.jpg:large

Couldn't he have been attending a prep school for the past few months to fix this issue?
My guess is they thought the issue would clear in time and they didn't want to go that route but it became too late.

Couldn't he have been attending a prep school for the past few months to fix this issue?

If it was only one class, yes. If he's going JUCO my guess it was more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom