Class of 2018 - QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF

We need competition. This kid might be better than Tommy. I'd rather have him on the team than not.

Tommy isn't untouchable.
oh i totally agree, I was just speaking from his perspective.

How can you have NFL aspirations and be scared of a transfer QB when you'll have been in the system for 3 full years before they even arrive. Is that really a thing?
Im speaking from Fortin's perspective since its his thread. Sheesh I should've been more clear.

One that thinks the line can get better.
Again, if I'm thinking next level, and my D1 career is already shortened, I'm not going somewhere if I "think" that next years line is better. I'm going to a team with an already established line, or a school that consistently has good line play.

Again, if I'm thinking next level, and my D1 career is already shortened, I'm not going somewhere if I "think" that next years line is better. I'm going to a team with an already established line, or a school that consistently has good line play.
Well he did originally commit to Fedora.

Maybe all factors considered Syracuse is his best option.

Look, this is a stupid conversation to have publicly in a player's recruiting thread. It probably doesn't matter, but even on the off chance he or someone he knows checks this out, fans saying "why would he come here, our line sucks now and will suck forever" probably doesn't help.

I know this - Babers' offenses move the ball. Babers' QBs put up numbers. There are tons of reasons for a QB to believe they can shine in our program.

Maybe all factors considered Syracuse is his best option.

Look, this is a stupid conversation to have publicly in a player's recruiting thread. It probably doesn't matter, but even on the off chance he or someone he knows checks this out, fans saying "why would he come here, our line sucks now and will suck forever" probably doesn't help.

I know this - Babers' offenses move the ball. Babers' QBs put up numbers. There are tons of reasons for a QB to believe they can shine in our program.
If this is all true,why can’t we recruit quarterbacks?

If he’s coming for a game, it’ll be either November 2nd against BC or November 30th against Wake.

Maybe the OL woes will be miraculously healed by then.

Obviously he’s very interested in our program and our program is at least decently interested in him...otherwise he wouldn’t be taking an official to Syracuse...it’s also really important that we are last.

I wouldn’t be shocked to hear that we are a favorite on this one..

What QB, is going to want to come play behind that offensive line? If my goal is next level, I'm looking to play behind a line that will maximize my potential, rather than ensure I lead the nation in being sacked. I think QB may be a tough sell for us right now.

Well, the kid is interested despite your protests...

We need QB competition.
DeVito pushes Dungey.
We have no one pushing DeVito.
I like this kids film he can/could push or pass DeVito.
I really hope he picks us.

Yes. The worst case scenario if he comes is we get depth. Best case is either he pushes Tommy and Tommy gets better as a result, or is better than Tommy and is the QB.

If he gets "scared off" it's his own fault. If we want to be a big boy program we need to start acting like one.
AMEN. Best players play. Alabama for example with tua and jalen. It is what it is, bring in all the competition and the winner plays. This is big boy stuff nothing is handed to anyone.

I don't think the guy is good enough.

He can't compete next year and I'd rather the scholly go to a kid who could turn into the next Dungey.

He got a shot in the weak ass ACC Coastal and couldn't hold the job. Got blown out by ECU.

HARD PASS AS IN EFFFF NO.

What about the kid who almost led them to an upset of us in the Dome?

He has 1 year of eligibility but didn't play this year opting to coach instead. Could have been a grad transfer somewhere.

Much better offer sheet than TD. No question about that. Sure Tommy chose the orange soon and ended his recruitment but this kid is worth the look and would have the best offer sheet on team for qbs

I don't think the guy is good enough.

He can't compete next year and I'd rather the scholly go to a kid who could turn into the next Dungey.

He got a shot in the weak ass ACC Coastal and couldn't hold the job. Got blown out by ECU.

HARD PASS AS IN EFFFF NO.

What about the kid who almost led them to an upset of us in the Dome?

He has 1 year of eligibility but didn't play this year opting to coach instead. Could have been a grad transfer somewhere.

Wrong. Fortin transferred to a JUCO so he should be eligible to play next year. You need to read a thread before posting.

"After putting his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal in August, former North Carolina quarterback Cade Fortin (6-3, 225), immediately started taking college classes at Hutchinson (Kan.) College.
Fortin was an early graduate out of Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett and after enrolling early at North Carolina, he would need just a semester of JC classes to graduate with his AA and be able to sign this December, enroll in January and play in the fall of 2020.
"I will have my AA in December and be ready to enroll in January," said Fortin. "Since I transferred before the first game, I'm just taking junior college classes at Hutchinson and training and doing all my classes. So thats why I'm able to take official visits right now. So I'll sign in December, then going somewhere in January and be eligible next year and have three years to play."

He has immediate eligibility...he transferred down to a community college