Class of 2018 - QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF

Just talking about offers as I clearly stated above

You're talking about high school pedigree by referencing offers. Ignoring things like the Elite 11 and the two elite AA games (UA, Army), especially for a guy who committed early is hardly fair.

:confused:

You're talking about high school pedigree by referencing offers. Ignoring things like the Elite 11 and the two elite AA games (UA, Army), especially for a guy who committed early is hardly fair.

:confused:

TAMU tried to swoop in late, but Tommy told them, KTHNX, but I'm good. :cool:

I'm sure doing so served notice that other schools shouldn't even bother.
So they didn't.

What QB, is going to want to come play behind that offensive line? If my goal is next level, I'm looking to play behind a line that will maximize my potential, rather than ensure I lead the nation in being sacked. I think QB may be a tough sell for us right now.

Our Oline is bad but coupled with Tommy at QB we are record breaking bad.

Again, if I'm thinking next level, and my D1 career is already shortened, I'm not going somewhere if I "think" that next years line is better. I'm going to a team with an already established line, or a school that consistently has good line play.

“Already established lines” don’t really exist in college football. There’s way too much turnover. Nobody would’ve turned down Syracuse because of the OLine, 3 months ago. Nobody knew it was going to be this bad. Unless you’re talking about a team with a good OL that somehow has 5 starters back and depth, how do you really know?

Last edited:
Please keep the discussion on Cade Fortin.
This is someone who could conceivably be able to compete for a starting job from day 1 of spring practice. He would jump into the backup spot almost by default from day one.

He can throw on the run well, can run and is physically ready to play.

Syracuse would be a great landing spot for him.

I don't think the guy is good enough.

He can't compete next year and I'd rather the scholly go to a kid who could turn into the next Dungey.

He got a shot in the weak ass ACC Coastal and couldn't hold the job. Got blown out by ECU.

HARD PASS AS IN EFFFF NO.

What about the kid who almost led them to an upset of us in the Dome?

He has 1 year of eligibility but didn't play this year opting to coach instead. Could have been a grad transfer somewhere.

this is one of the worst takes i've ever read.

The NC State game last year should be a lesson on why competition at the QB position (in this case) is so important. Tommy was outstanding the week before that game and all week rumors swirled that he would start over Eric. ED started and he was electric, arguably his 2nd best game of his entire career.

Competition is essential.

What QB, is going to want to come play behind that offensive line? If my goal is next level, I'm looking to play behind a line that will maximize my potential, rather than ensure I lead the nation in being sacked. I think QB may be a tough sell for us right now.
I hope you’re not in sales... ;-)

The NC State game last year should be a lesson on why competition at the QB position (in this case) is so important. Tommy was outstanding the week before that game and all week rumors swirled that he would start over Eric. ED started and he was electric, arguably his 2nd best game of his entire career.

Competition is essential.

That was such a fun game.

Having two guys who can push each other would be so good for next season. Hopefully we can get a commitment.

I hope you’re not in sales... ;-)
Sell this:
You have a free Mercedes, and a free Ford. Both are nice, and both have potential to get you from A to B,
but the Mercedes will get you from A to B more often, and more comfortably, and in a much more fun, and exciting way.
Now convince me to pick the free Ford.

That is the challenge a school like SU faces.

Sell this:
You have a free Mercedes, and a free Ford. Both are nice, and both have potential to get you from A to B,
but the Mercedes will get you from A to B more often, and more comfortably, and in a much more fun, and exciting way.

No, that analogy doesn't fly. SU is no longer at a disadvantage facility wise or in any other way. There is no reason that this year's recruiting is as bad as it is after a 10 - 3 season. Except that the coaches can't recruit.

Sell this:

Ford is made in America! No one is going to steal your Ford. Guys who drive Fords are real people. People who drive Mercedes are douche bags. Girls love guys in Fords with a dog.

No, that analogy doesn't fly. SU is no longer at a disadvantage facility wise or in any other way. There is no reason that this year's recruiting is as bad as it is after a 10 - 3 season. Except that the coaches can't recruit.
If u think facilities are the only factor you're very wrong. It's like saying the Mercedes and Ford both have a nice stereo so I'll pick the Ford because even though it lacks in other important areas, it's still got that nice stereo.
The fact that all the coaches since p have recruited at a very similar level (45_55 range) just further strengthens the argument that it's very difficult to recruit here.

If u think facilities are the only factor you're very wrong. It's like saying the Mercedes and Ford both have a nice stereo so I'll pick the Ford because even though it lacks in other important areas, it's still got that nice stereo.
The fact that all the coaches since p have recruited at a very similar level (45_55 range) just further strengthens the argument that it's very difficult to recruit here.
How do you know that when our facilities have always been below average? Maybe, spend the extra 10-15% and get facilities that move the needle a bit; instead of just enough...

How do you know that when our facilities have always been below average? Maybe, spend the extra 10-15% and get facilities that move the needle a bit; instead of just enough...
I'm not disagreeing. Our facilities only reached par when the ipf was built. We are behind once again.

Sell this:

This isn't necessarily wrong, but let's replace the cars with a Maybach and a Town Car. Most would agree the Maybach is the superior vehicle, but both can get you where you need to go. My questions are "who's driving me" and "are we picking anyone else up?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom