Class of 2020 - QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved the QB discussion to the FB forum.
This thread is for discussion of Villari, not other SU QBs past or present. Keep the discussion on topic.

IF the "scouting" report from Villari's private QB coach is even remotely on target regarding his passing ability, we have reason to be excited by the addition of another very big, athletic "cat" who already has 2 years of practice experience in a blue blood program. It's a win-win to add this level of competition to the QB room regardless of who is eventually QB1, 2, or 3. Villari's tapes as a runner, at 6-4 235, are impressive despite the level of competition he faced.

Who knows how this will play out, that's part of the fun of being excited by the possibilities. Even better, Anae/Beck have years of experience making this very scenario work - getting athletic, playmakers on the field at the same time as QB and "football player." The more weapons the better.

I am looking forward to them repeating this scenario every recruiting cycle.

No more Italian QBs please.

And yes that's a joke.
What?
What are you lookin' at?

Hopefully we've made him an offer he can't refuse.
Dan Marino says hello.

He stiff armed the same defensive back TWICE in his high school highlight film. I think that is almost as good as Dungey’s Ninja Kick.
That double stiff arm was great. Looked like it may have been a linebacker too.

But nothing can compare to The Ninja Kick. If SU builds a statue of Dungey it has to be of him doing the kick lol

I know ultimately there can only be one starter, but it would be fun to see Shrader and Villari both share time. The Garrett and Dan Show.

And offered his wide receiver who kept making somegreat catches,

Todd Philcox -9 years in the NFL.
Villari, as his coach said and his film shows, can throw accurately and run. It is exciting to know he will be coached by Jason Beck starting soon. As shown by his tapes he can accurately throw through tight windows or throw 50 YDS accurately and can run ala Eric maybe faster. In any case we have a great recruit coming in to compete for the job at QB as Shrader came in last year to compete with Devito.

Last edited:
From the Athletic, subscription article, noteworthy excerpt:
What made Syracuse the right spot for you? How do you feel like you fit the system there?

The new coaches coming in, Coach (Jason) Beck and Coach (Robert) Anae, they were at Virginia last year. They like to throw it around a lot. They like to run the quarterback, do RPOs and things like that. I feel like that fits my game the best. Syracuse is a great opportunity for me to get a chance to compete and play.

5C74497C-00E5-4DC1-8A51-EA0854A74A06.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors