Class of 2019 - QB David Summers (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB David Summers (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

There is no question that Locksley is a bulldog recruiter with a proven track record and terrific contacts around the DC metro area. I don't think anybody questions that.

But his coaching acumen is highly questionable. His first stint as a HC was disastrous.

But some guys just aren't cut out to be head coaches -- they don't have the chops to handle running an entire program. Doesn't make them any less solid as position coaches, coordinators, recruiters, etc.

Scott Shafer says HI! ;)

Scott Shafer says HI! ;)

Yup.

And for NFL types, I think a guy like Romeo Crennel is another example. Terrific defensive coordinator, great guy [by all accounts] that players and head coaches value having on the staff. He's won superbowls as a DC, and is universally respected for his defensive coaching acumen. But he struggled as a head coach. I think the Peter Principle applies to many [most?] coaches at all levels -- and none of that takes away from Crennell's value / expertise as a DC.

Let me say this , what separates Leon Clarke from other Qb coaches is Leon can show them how to do it at a high level . I’ve seen dozens of “ top tier Qb coaches “ and all it is is drills and verbal no visual . My money is green and I could have spent it anywhere and I tried others just to see , well I saw enough . We got lucky to get Leon early, because once the hit high school it’s to late muscle memory is engrained . If it wasn’t everyone would have drew Breese mechanics or ken Griffey jr swing
Leon competes with these kids throws , drops
Etc that’s how you get better not saying know up blah blah blah

I appreciate the input from someone who knows first hand. You have a high opinion of your son and you should because I think think he will be very successful here. So to see your opinion/perspective on Summers makes me confident that not only did we get the right guy for this class, but we got pretty lucky in getting him in the first place.

I think the thing that impresses me most about his highlight film is that, on almost all the long passes, he hit the receiver perfectly in stride. There was very little reaching for the ball - it was right there.

Excited about this kid. Welcome, young man.

Congratulations young Mr. Summers on choosing Syracuse University Football. Now work hard and show up ready to take this team to new levels of excellence. Go Orange!!!!!

I have a crazy feeling about Mr. Summers. After a prolonged apprenticeship behind Mr. Tommy Devito, he is going to turn into a modern day Todd Philcox, also a CT product.

We got our very own Andy Dalton. How nice! In all seriousness he looks like a player. His film was basically all medium and long throws with great timing and accuracy. He is mobile enough to navigate the pocket. Had good awareness. Willing to take a hit. Most importantly he is willing to sit back and learn and bide his time. Seems like a good kid and good opportunity for everyone involved.

We got our very own Andy Dalton. How nice! In all seriousness he looks like a player. His film was basically all medium and long throws with great timing and accuracy. He is mobile enough to navigate the pocket. Had good awareness. Willing to take a hit. Most importantly he is willing to sit back and learn and bide his time. Seems like a good kid and good opportunity for everyone involved.
Agreed. Looks perf3ct

So...we assume Summers runs the Scout team this year? Aime ran it last year as a dual-style QB. Summers gives them a different look as a passer. Any chance Summers comes in and pushes for #2?

So...we assume Summers runs the Scout team this year? Aime ran it last year as a dual-style QB. Summers gives them a different look as a passer. Any chance Summers comes in and pushes for #2?
Currently it is DeVito, Welch, Culpepper and Summers at QB. The scout team could be run by any of those four not named Tommy.