Class of 2021 - QB Dorian Nowell (NJ) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Dorian Nowell (NJ) Offered

How good is Newell?
I think he has the potential to be a QB1 at D1 P5 level.

It looks like some teams are taking a wait and see approach and how he does on the circuit and at camps

Bump...so this guy is the last of our first round of QBs offered? There was a Georgia kid who committed to SC. Kai to Cal and the other kid to Utah. Just tracking how we are doing with the new OC in regards to QB offers and gets.

Bump...so this guy is the last of our first round of QBs offered? There was a Georgia kid who committed to SC. Kai to Cal and the other kid to Utah. Just tracking how we are doing with the new OC in regards to QB offers and gets.

I think the staff was expecting him to blow up as the case with so many of their early offers. Im
No scout so I wonder why he’s just leveling off with the offers but I really hope Leonard is the key and if this is back up plan I’m ok

I think the staff was expecting him to blow up as the case with so many of their early offers. Im
No scout so I wonder why he’s just leveling off with the offers but I really hope Leonard is the key and if this is back up plan I’m ok
I feel like Nowell is someone who would have blown up with a camp season imo

We will get him and lose Leonard.

ya, I’m a bit pissy today

I feel like Nowell is someone who would have blown up with a camp season imo

I'm not sure. He hit the camp circuit pretty hard last year. I really don’t think he’s just ACC level. I for one would be pretty shocked if he ended up at Cuse. It’s obvious he loves CUSE, but I don’t think he’s developed like the coaches hoped he would.

His film didn't excite me. Just looked solid. I hope the kid tears it up his senior year

His film didn't excite me. Just looked solid. I hope the kid tears it up his senior year
I believe he was injured last season and missed most of the year. That had to mess up the recruiting process for him.

One of the top prospects in NYS for 2021 is CTK QB Noah Bodden. At one time he was reported to have an offer from Syracuse but it was apparently pulled. My guess is that this happened when Sterlin Gilbert took over as the OC. Going to guess he reviewed all the QB offers (probably all offers period for players on offense) and made changes where they thought they were necessary.

I wonder if Dorian's offer survived that review?

Recruiting is tough regardless. Especially for players who were injured their junior season. Now add in the prospect of no camps or ability to play at all until the fall (if then) and you have an awful situation for Dorian.

I hope he gets a chance to show what he has soon.

Yeah I think he's pretty far down our pecking order right now, and I doubt that offer is committable. He was also offered pre-Gilbert.

Early offers are a double edged sword for a variety of reasons. If a talent doesn't pan out or begins leveling off, they have that insurance policy. I have to think the staff is hoping that the kid from Alabama commits and thus closing the QB need for '21.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom