Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) Verbal to Mississippi St [In Transfer Portal] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) Verbal to Mississippi St [In Transfer Portal]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's an indicator of 3 guys that have been in the program for 3 months, 1 of which that isn't even on scholarship. It's more likely an indicator that we have no upperclassman depth behind TD since Rex graduates and Summers is now a TE.

Wait ... Summers is a tight end now? I'll have to edit my post - "no major offers combined." Looking forward to seeing what Lamson can do though.

I doubt it's an indicator of 3 guys that have been in the program for 3 months, 1 of which that isn't even on scholarship. It's more likely an indicator that we have no upperclassman depth behind TD since Rex graduates and Summers is now a TE.

IDK, I think it could be an indicator because this kid isnt that good. Leach brought in 3 transfer quarterbacks if my math is right and moved Schrader during fall camp.

by the way, people go crazy about our WR numbers? Miss St has 26...26.

Got a link?

I read somewhere that he was practicing with the TE’s recently but I can’t seem to find it. But it’s pretty telling when the depth chart was TD, Rex, and the 2 freshman. I don’t think Summers ever plays QB here.

So true, Kid runs hard, plays hard, sure he looks like he has some bad throws and may hold the ball too long hoping to make a big play but that is the type of Qb that Syracuse needs. Dual threat athlete who is part RB part QB. Will spend 50-70% of his time compensating for subpar to horrible O Line play

I still find this take baffling. Why do we concede a bad OL when PITT and BC (NE peers) can field good OL?

If we had the oline we expected I dont think we have a bad oline this yr. I think we would have been fine and functional with the Transfer and just 1 of the Davis/Red for depth. Also think Elmore ha played better than expected.

I still find this take baffling. Why do we concede a bad OL when PITT and BC (NE peers) can field good OL?

It's perception. Perception that BC & Pitt have great OLs and SU never does. So, OL recruits want to go to BC or Pitt. And, perception is what matters.

They also have a constituency. BC has the Jesuit school network and Pitt still sits in a fertile recruiting area.

Yeah, that seems to be the difference. But I hate conceding that our line play will be rough.

Anyways - mobility is usually a good quality no matter what.

We have watched Syracuse the past 20 years? other than those last 7 games of 2012 I don't ever remember singing the praises of a Syracuse O Line

I'm aware. I just don't think we should say "well, let's assume we'll suck on the OL" without asking "what can be done" first. Maybe it's a fools errand. I dunno

Marrone played OL and coached that.position. Would have expected nothing less!

Got a link?

It's in the DO article Legacy just posted above.

"In 2020, Syracuse has three freshman quarterbacks: Dillon Markiewicz, JaCobian Morgan and David Summers. All three started the season as members of the scout team, including Summers as a scout team tight end."

It's in the DO article Legacy just posted above.

"In 2020, Syracuse has three freshman quarterbacks: Dillon Markiewicz, JaCobian Morgan and David Summers. All three started the season as members of the scout team, including Summers as a scout team tight end."
This article does a lot to explain why all the other QBs have been so "poorly" prepared to play in games.

This is how it is everywhere
I know. There have been a lot of people on here questioning why our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string guys were not ready to play. They did not want to accept that this is just the way it works and blamed Dino for shoddy preparation. This article does a lot to verify what people like us were trying to explain.

I know. There have been a lot of people on here questioning why our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string guys were not ready to play. They did not want to accept that this is just the way it works and blamed Dino for shoddy preparation. This article does a lot to verify what people like us were trying to explain.

ahh - sorry. We’re in agreement

His numbers are very average. Completion percentage under 60%. Mike Leach’s offense is similar and he moved the kid to wide receiver.

Beggers can’t be choosers but I don’t see this kid coming in and carrying this offense from the trash can it currently is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom