Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) Verbal to Mississippi St [In Transfer Portal] | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) Verbal to Mississippi St [In Transfer Portal]

Status
Not open for further replies.
His numbers are very average. Completion percentage under 60%. Mike Leach’s offense is similar and he moved the kid to wide receiver.

Beggers can’t be choosers but I don’t see this kid coming in and carrying this offense from the trash can it currently is in.

Even if he ends up being a backup here...Its better than having a walkon like we usually do, or a freshman who apparently knows like half of the plays.

His numbers are very average. Completion percentage under 60%. Mike Leach’s offense is similar and he moved the kid to wide receiver.

Beggers can’t be choosers but I don’t see this kid coming in and carrying this offense from the trash can it currently is in.
Doesn't matter. Worth a gamble.

We have watched Syracuse the past 20 years? other than those last 7 games of 2012 I don't ever remember singing the praises of a Syracuse O Line
Those were a wonderful 7 games . Such a fun time knowing you were going to be competent on offense.

FWIW Dungey had a 59.7% completion after his Freshman year. I haven't watched this guy's film yet but he seems to be a similar player. Would be huge to get him here and let Lamson take his RS year and then push for the job.

FWIW Dungey had a 59.7% completion after his Freshman year. I haven't watched this guy's film yet but he seems to be a similar player. Would be huge to get him here and let Lamson take his RS year and then push for the job.
Plus, one way to look at it is that Schrader is competing for Rex's spot, which means the bar to pass is > 42% completion and a positive TD/interception ratio.

Worth. The. Gamble.

FIFY.

What’s the point of shiny, new QB’s -
if we keep getting them destroyed behind the sieve that is our O-Line?

Yeah true, but I think getting the O-line healthy first would help improve it too. Maybe get a Grad Transfer to replace Servais if he doesn't come back

He was a true freshman playing in the SEC West. And also had 587 yards rushing and 6 TDs. And was offered by Alabama, Florida, Penn State.

Is it possible your standards are a tad high? Especially compared to what we have now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom