Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

Interesting we have only offered with DT qb this cycle. That qb committed to Maryland. Both our last two qbs have been DT qbs. Looked like they were going in that direction. Be interesting if more offers come out to DT qbs.
In su offense we need a mobile qb even with an improved OL.
I might be misunderstanding you, but Belin is not a Dual-threat QB.

I'm now questioning my entire existence.

They were right all along...

1614802469914.png

It will be interesting if the staff takes a hs qb in this class. Could see them waiting to see who is in the portal for 22. Could be a number of high rated freshman wanting to move on.

It will be interesting if the staff takes a hs qb in this class. Could see them waiting to see who is in the portal for 22. Could be a number of high rated freshman wanting to move on.
Of course you take a HS guy if you think he helps you win.

They should be taking a HS guy every single year, only time it should even be thought to be optional is if you took 2 in the same year and you're redshirting one. Because then basically you already have your frosh in the program.

This year is a prime example - you can take a HS guy and still land a quality transfer out of the portal. HS'ers don't scare away portal kids. Use the portal to supplement your upperclassmen layer due to HS'ers that didn't develop or transferred out for one reason or another.

That's how you build a consistently strong QB depth chart.

My point was if you do not get one of your top qb options why would you reach for a hs qb. So many freshman are entering the portal. More selection with higher ceiling players. If they are a freshman they still have three years to play plus can red shirt. Not like it’s taking a grad transfer anymore.

They should be taking a HS guy every single year, only time it should even be thought to be optional is if you took 2 in the same year and you're redshirting one. Because then basically you already have your frosh in the program.

This year is a prime example - you can take a HS guy and still land a quality transfer out of the portal. HS'ers don't scare away portal kids. Use the portal to supplement your upperclassmen layer due to HS'ers that didn't develop or transferred out for one reason or another.

That's how you build a consistently strong QB depth chart.
The transfer portal is going to turn the QB position - more than any other position - into a rotating band of football mercenaries just looking for a better gig. You can forget about players waiting, practicing, learning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom