Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

I brought up Hunts name to Marrone and he told me he couldn't play.

I wish we had the talent in the QB room at the time where that could have been true. Marrone’s QB recruiting outside of bringing in Paulus for a season was pretty lousy. Hunt was the best prospect his staff brought in.

I really hope that the relationship we have built over the last several years helps.
If he decides to go elsewhere we might start just looking to the transfer portal. That may be the best option for su in the future considering our in ability to get higher end high school qbs to commit. Lamson was a good pick up for us but we tend to miss out on our top targets. Not much difference between a redshirt freshman or sophomore versus a high school qb. The added benefit is the transfer already used their one time immediate playing option so might be less likely to leave again.

I'm just happy that we aren't in desperate need for someone in this class. I have some faith that at least 1 of the 4 guys behind DeVito will develop into a quality ACC starter. Morgan and Dillon having a free year last year should help down the road. Getting into ACC football games and then having a full spring and still being considered a true freshman in the fall is such a huge head start career wise. Add in Lamson and we have 3 freshman QBs that we can at least feel somewhat happy about. I don't recall the last time that we've had depth like we do now even if we may still feel a little iffy about TD. I also imagine that by the end of August if Dillon is clearly behind Lamson and Morgan that he probably won't be sticking around long-term. Who knows though, it's also just as possible that he makes a leap and is at the top of those 3.

Obviously need to always be bringing in guys with upside every class as they are all essentially coin flips and don't want to be stuck with all of the prospects coming up tails and have no QB and end up 3-9 and stuck on the mediocrity treadmill.

Past is not a predictor of the future unless your operating in a fear-based loop of thought. Let’s move on from that type of thinking and get a commitment from Henry; we are the best place for him to shine!
EE0A3D6F-8B52-4481-B490-EF522B836D21.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm just happy that we aren't in desperate need for someone in this class. I have some faith that at least 1 of the 4 guys behind DeVito will develop into a quality ACC starter. Morgan and Dillon having a free year last year should help down the road. Getting into ACC football games and then having a full spring and still being considered a true freshman in the fall is such a huge head start career wise. Add in Lamson and we have 3 freshman QBs that we can at least feel somewhat happy about. I don't recall the last time that we've had depth like we do now even if we may still feel a little iffy about TD. I also imagine that by the end of August if Dillon is clearly behind Lamson and Morgan that he probably won't be sticking around long-term. Who knows though, it's also just as possible that he makes a leap and is at the top of those 3.

Obviously need to always be bringing in guys with upside every class as they are all essentially coin flips and don't want to be stuck with all of the prospects coming up tails and have no QB and end up 3-9 and stuck on the mediocrity treadmill.
Yeah, every recruiting cycle should include at least 1 high level QB, and possibly 2 if there's a clear path to PT in the short-term.

But this season does feel a little different. There is a real sense of quality depth long-term so it's not as urgent. We don't know what Tex or Lamson are yet, but that's ok - just having legit scholarship guys as mysteries is fine. 'Ssippi got pressed into action too soon, but showed some potential we weren't really expecting and raised the floor of the QB depth chart since he's a guy that now has time to mature into his game. Jorts has already shown he can make things happen on the field.

All that said, there's still room for a guy like Belin IV to make a mark and claim his spot.

Let’s see what happens but I feel a lot better about Gilbert’s ability to land a quality QB after bringing in Garrett and Justin vs what we were saddled with when Martin was here. That absolutely killed our QB recruiting for a few years

If we can't successfully recruit players like Belin, we'll never be good again.
Seriously, no hyperbole. A NYC QB, a position of need, a 3 star (not a 5 star) with upside, vs Duke?(not Alabama), Been involved since day 1, from home state, from an accessible recruiting area...
Shut it down! LOL

Bit of a Terrel Hunt vibe from those highlights.

His film looks a lot like Tommy DeVito's HS Jr highlights. Belin has a bit slower arm motion but otherwise very close

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom