Class of 2016 - QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football

Seeing how frustrated Hackenberg is in that offense and with those coaches you'd think it be hard to land a top flight QB. Also, PSU just flipped an Indiana commit with a bunch of offers including MSU.

MSU seem to turn avg QB's into studs. Imagine what they can do with a high level guy in there. I would go there if I was him.

The smart move is MSU regarding current program quality. Not sure what their QB situation is, but i believe Hackenberg is a Sophmore? Once you are at you top 2 i think the decision lands on when you are most likely to see the field.

oldpinepoint said:
I agree Franklin and PSU have not impressed me

They've been as bad as us on O WITH a 4 star QB.

2 great schools. Nice choice to have to make. I am guessing with the numerous offers he had that being somewhat close to home factored in. I heard that UCLA and Oklahoma state were 2 other schools coming hard. Interestingly though, Rovals states that he will attend the Penn state vs. Michigan state game next weekend. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2891132/highlights/204000383.

Anyone know if Robert Washington 2016 RB is still considering SU?

2 great schools. Nice choice to have to make. I am guessing with the numerous offers he had that being somewhat close to home factored in. I heard that UCLA and Oklahoma state were 2 other schools coming hard.
The laundering of their reputation seems complete. Blip on the radar. So sad.

The laundering of their reputation seems complete. Blip on the radar. So sad.

I assume you referring to Penn St. Yeah, hard to believe, but a HS kid like Zembiec doesn't recall how great a football program Penn State was back in the Paterno glory years (linebacker U). Read a lot of interesting stuff lately that the NCAA bluffed a lot in order to get Penn State to accept harsh penalties. Either way, the whole thing was tragic.

Well, if you intend to commit any sex crimes while in college the choice is clear. HCJF and the Happy Valley faithful have got your back!

Well, if you intend to commit any s e x crimes while in college the choice is clear. HCJF and the Happy Valley faithful have got your back!
Yeah. Its not like its a great school with a great FB tradition.

I don't care where the kid plays, I just can't stand PSU not feeling any ill effects from their little indiscretion.

Who wants to play QB at the Cuse? Any big time QB should want to come in….you can play right away and be a star at the Cuse…
I agree and Penn st historically dont develop QB's. Kerry Collins is the only one I have in my memory that had a solid NFL career. Right now they are destroying Hackenburg's game

I don't care where the kid plays, I just can't stand PSU not feeling any ill effects from their little indiscretion.
You're an SU football fan but you don't care where NYS top QB plays. Looking the other way when kids are being molested is the height of what's wrong when football runs a school. Agree with you on PSU but disagree on where NYS best players play. Can you imagine our team if we could've kept Shepard, Robinson, Zembiec, and Wheatley to play at SU.

Can you imagine our team if we could've kept Shepard, Robinson, Zembiec, and Wheatley to play at SU.[/QUOTE]

With our coaching staff? 3-9, maybe 4-8...

Its not just the school's indifference,its theEFFn fans who still cheer that bastard Paterno. who knew all and did NOTHING!! At the very least Sandusky is away and I can only hope he is being entertained by Bubba and his friends.

The NFL has only recently cared about off field issues, why would an 18 year old.

SU is a nobody when it comes to recruiting the best players in NYS or New Jersey. Penn State can pick and choose anyone they want. It's never going to change. When it comes to Rochester, we barely get anyone of any substance. Don't even mention Bohyd. He's the most overrated player on SU. He has done basically nothing in his three years at SU. Our so called "best" playermaker has never scored a TD.