Class of 2016 - QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football

oldpinepoint said:
We got a shot bees?

Yep. A shot is all you can ask for. He'll be a 4 or 5 star.

rrlbees said:
Best player in Rochester this past fall and only a sophomore. Heard real good things about him this week. SU, ND, Georgia and others. http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ny/rochester/aquinas-inst-of-rochester/jake-zembiec

We have talked about him here several times before. Had a great sophomore year, leading Aquinas to an undefeated season and a state championship in the Carrier Dome.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/co...YSPHSAA-Class-AA-Football-Crown.html?nav=5019

I have no inside info. but have followed him in local media. His grandfather went to Aquinas and played baseball at Notre Dame so he may have grown up an Irish fan. Notre Dame and SU appeared to show the earliest interest.
quote="anomander, post: 858709, member: 2766"]Yes please. What's the chances he grew up an Orange fan??[/quote]

Last edited:
Still about 6 months outside my memory window. And obviously I didn't do a great search.

I confess I didn't remember either of these threads either. Heck I'm happy if I can keep up with the 2014s and 2015s.

rrlbees said:
That's 18 months ago. No wonder I didn't see/remember it. Needed refreshing anyways.

I agree. Looks like the kid might be the real deal. Aquinas was loaded this year; I believe they were ranked first in the state from the first week of the season, so he had a lot of help.

But they also played a really tough schedule...Canisius, St Joes and Ursaline among others. I caught a little of the championship game. They killed Monroe Woodbury. He has a ton of poise and has a nice touch on the ball; made some tough throws. Impressive stuff for a 15 year old.

His coach teaches my daughter. Maybe I can start sending him notes :rolleyes:.

Aquinas is well coached, maybe one or two kids a year are major D-1 size/talent. Lots of really good athletes who work really hard year round.

I doubt Cuse really goes after him hard. We are starting to go more of the dual threat look and this kid is a pocket passer. I just dont see us taking him but things could change with a different coordinator.

New York State Sportswriters AA POY as a Soph. That's very, very rare if not unheard of.

Rouse was last year, year before that Chad Kelly, year before that Broyld. All as Seniors.

Have never had a great deal of success from that school. My guess is ND, Stanford, BC, PSU are going to be all over this kid.

This is the kind of player many people would ID as a MUST GET.

The kid is the real deal. Work out maniac. Can make every throw on the field. And he's friends with Snoop Dogg

New York State Sportswriters AA POY as a Soph. That's very, very rare if not unheard of.

Rouse was last year, year before that Chad Kelly, year before that Broyld. All as Seniors.

Have never had a great deal of success from that school. My guess is ND, Stanford, BC, PSU are going to be all over this kid.

This is the kind of player many people would ID as a MUST GET.
I think OL Glenn Williams might be the last Aquinas player that actually made it to campus for us. That was back in the 70's.

Money what do you think our chances are?
Dont know much yet about Jake. I know the coaches at Aquinas pretty well though. I Just know he is a good kid and a hard worker. I have a feeling his is gonna be a national recruit but we will see. I think there is a history with Notre Dame in his family but I could be wrong.

Dont know much yet about Jake. I know the coaches at Aquinas pretty well though. I Just know he is a good kid and a hard worker. I have a feeling his is gonna be a national recruit but we will see. I think there is a history with Notre Dame in his family but I could be wrong.

we'll just sees what he thinks of us after back to back BCS bowls :D

I think OL Glenn Williams might be the last Aquinas player that actually made it to campus for us. That was back in the 70's.
The only other two were Harry o'neil in 46 and earl woodward in 38

upperdeck said:
The only other two were Harry o'neil in 46 and earl woodward in 38

Good memory.