Class of 2016 - QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football

Hopefully he really considers SU. He will have his options, it would be nice to hit on a big time local kid like Jake.
I have visions of Greg Paulus. Local Kid, Big time recruit, QB, etc.

recruiting services are saying he was the standout QB at Michigan State camp this weekend

2 NYS players (Syr & Roch) standout at Deion Sanders Prime 21 camp in Texas. Jake Zembiec (QB 2016/Aquinas) and Andre Dowdell (WR 2015/CBA):

#6 QB
Jake Zembiec (2016)
Rochester (N.Y.) Aquinas Institute
At 6-foot-2, 205-pounds, Zembiec has a solid build and he throws a good ball. He was able to locate the ball well as he find receivers in some tight spaces. He threw with some strong velocity which helped cut through the wind today. Zembiec has picked up offers from Penn State, UCF, Oklahoma State, Boston College and Iowa and he is receiving strong interest from Notre Dame and Michigan State. He has trips coming to Florida State, UCF and Oklahoma State in July.
#11 WR
Andre Dowdell
Syracuse (N.Y.) Christian Brothers Academy
Dowdell is small, but he is on this list because there was not a guy out there going more full speed. He played with great effort throughout the day and he did every route, every rep, every snap, everything at 100-percent. He showed some nice quickness on his cuts and he was very eager to soak up anything he could get from the coaches on hand at the Prime 21 Camp on Saturday.

pigskin said:
2 NYS players (Syr & Roch) standout at Deion Sanders Prime 21 camp in Texas. Jake Zembiec (QB 2016/Aquinas) and Andre Dowdell (WR 2015/CBA): #6 QB Jake Zembiec (2016) Rochester (N.Y.) Aquinas Institute At 6-foot-2, 205-pounds, Zembiec has a solid build and he throws a good ball. He was able to locate the ball well as he find receivers in some tight spaces. He threw with some strong velocity which helped cut through the wind today. Zembiec has picked up offers from Penn State, UCF, Oklahoma State, Boston College and Iowa and he is receiving strong interest from Notre Dame and Michigan State. He has trips coming to Florida State, UCF and Oklahoma State in July. #11 WR Andre Dowdell Syracuse (N.Y.) Christian Brothers Academy Dowdell is small, but he is on this list because there was not a guy out there going more full speed. He played with great effort throughout the day and he did every route, every rep, every snap, everything at 100-percent. He showed some nice quickness on his cuts and he was very eager to soak up anything he could get from the coaches on hand at the Prime 21 Camp on Saturday.

Way to rep Nate.

chances are getting slimmer I think. Rochester QB offered by Oklahoma State
Cowboys in the mix for 2016 QB
Jay Fielder

OStateIllustrated.com
JAKE-ZEMBIEC-140414-120.JPG
spacer1.gif

One of OSU's early quarterback verbal offers for 2016 belongs to Rochester, New York product Jake Zembiec.

pigskin said:
chances are getting slimmer I think. Rochester QB offered by Oklahoma State Cowboys in the mix for 2016 QB Jay Fielder OStateIllustrated.com One of OSU's early quarterback verbal offers for 2016 belongs to Rochester, New York product Jake Zembiec.

Okie State? He'll have all the big boys offering in the end. No harder to battle than FSU or ND - it's going to be tough. But proximity should help at least a little.

chances are getting slimmer I think. Rochester QB offered by Oklahoma State
Cowboys in the mix for 2016 QB
Jay Fielder

OStateIllustrated.com
JAKE-ZEMBIEC-140414-120.JPG
spacer1.gif

One of OSU's early quarterback verbal offers for 2016 belongs to Rochester, New York product Jake Zembiec.
Are you related to Zembiec or a coach or something?

Are you related to Zembiec or a coach or something?
word is here that Syracuse is looking at Jamir Jones (2016 DE). His brother, Jarron, is D-line for Notre Dame

a Rochester/Section V guy
ok so "chances are getting slimmer" is an opinion then. Ok State really isn't a high major offer that scares me.

ok so "chances are getting slimmer" is an opinion then. Ok State really isn't a high major offer that scares me.

Yeah our coach is a man and he's 40 also, but you don't see him making a big deal about it.

yes, an opinion. While finishing #17 in the country might not 'scare" you, it is respectable on a national level.

yes, an opinion. While finishing #17 in the country might not 'scare" you, it is respectable on a national level.
I'm not saying I don't respect Ok St, I just believe that a kid from Rochester wouldn't view an Ok St offer as a standout offer. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

While I personally don't like Gundy, his system has to be very appealing to a QB. Not to mention for all the facilities talk, they have to be in the conversation thanks to T. Boone.

We all have to admit that nothing that SU ran last year is going to impress a top-tier QB...now we'll wait and see what happens this year, but our offense isn't in Ok St's ballpark just yet.

Full_Rebar said:
While I personally don't like Gundy, his system has to be very appealing to a QB. Not to mention for all the facilities talk, they have to be in the conversation thanks to T. Boone.

We all have to admit that nothing that SU ran last year is going to impress a top-tier QB...now we'll wait and see what happens this year, but our offense isn't in Ok St's ballpark just yet.

As a former 3rd string HS qb, I would have loved to be in a system that throws 15 bubble screens a game.

Joking aside, I think we tempered the game plan because of limitations with Hunt/WRs. I expect us to go down field more this year with the added experience, at least I how we do (with huge success).

A couple of things a 16 year old kid may not realize about Oklahoma St. Despite Gundy turning the Pokes into a very strong, top 20 program, that is very appealing to passing QB's, Stillwater, OK is an absolute pit. It may be one of the worst college towns in the whole country. Plus you have the fact that they are currently on probation limiting their practice time, and are under investigation for some other things. It wouldn't be a surprise if they struggled this year since they will be at a disadvantage, and then who knows what the future stores in terms of more penalties. I just can't see going to college thousands of miles away to go to a place like Stillwater.

I'm not saying I don't respect Ok St, I just believe that a kid from Rochester wouldn't view an Ok St offer as a standout offer. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

I was actually going to post the same thing but decided against it. We've known for a while it was only a matter of time before he was going to blow up with big time offers. We're going to be fighting against Ohio st and penn state type teams among others for this kid. Oklahoma state isn't going to scare me, when's the last time we lost a local orecruit to the big 12? Oklahoma st. has some recent success but not the type of school that scares me with a kid from Rochester.

I was actually going to post the same thing but decided against it. We've known for a while it was only a matter of time before he was going to blow up with big time offers. We're going to be fighting against Ohio st and penn state type teams among others for this kid. Oklahoma state isn't going to scare me, when's the last time we lost a local orecruit to the big 12? Oklahoma st. has some recent success but not the type of school that scares me with a kid from Rochester.
I agree with most of what you say, except for the QB position. It's a different animal in the recruiting world. When's the last time we had a legit QB recruit in the area to lose to another school/state. Like you pointed out, it's not just Oklahoma State we are competing against for a kid like this. I'm still not sure how hard Cuse is going after this kid. maybe they don't see him as a fit for what they are doing on offense.