Class of 2024 - QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23)

The kid from Ohio might be decent too. Nice to have depth that can compete. And, I think the Oklahoma kid has a shot at being a big play positionless player. I doubt anything comes of that, but it’d be really cool to land him.

This has to be seen as a big win. Finally they’ve landed a real HS QB.

We need receivers now. The CA were probably reached the entire time. Give me the Jersey WR to start. That’s SU’s bread & butter. Always has been.

Well, in all fairness, we are coming off a bowl appearance. And, we can show recruits actual bulldozers waiting to get to work on shiny new facilities, not just mockups.

The kid from Ohio might be decent too. Nice to have depth that can compete. And, I think the Oklahoma kid has a shot at being a big play positionless player. I doubt anything comes of that, but it’d be really cool to land him.

This has to be seen as a big win. Finally they’ve landed a real HS QB.

We need receivers now. The CA were probably reached the entire time. Give me the Jersey WR to start. That’s SU’s bread & butter. Always has been.
"Finally they’ve landed a real HS QB." Great take, this won't age well.

Last edited:
Probably when Georgia Tech asked him to move on.

I'm excited about this get but I think high 3 stars is fair.

I agree. He did get some press at an elite 11 which indicated he threw well. It’s all that matters.

Probably when Georgia Tech asked him to move on.

I'm excited about this get but I think high 3 stars is fair.
To be fair - Georgia Tech probably saw a good quarterback, looked back on their past 15 years, and asked themselves what the hell do we do with this?

I dunno what point you're communicating here, but this doesn't seem like the time to do it. We have a composite 4* QB; be happy.

Not sure what this means. Why won’t this age well? Until this point, Babers has never landed a significant HS QB recruit outside of DeVito, who didn’t pan out. How can this not age well as it references the past? Do you not think the new commits are good?

While I enjoy all of these comments so far are we just going to neglect the fact that not only is Macon Georgia the home of our new recruit but also the one and only allman brothers band. S/o to the big house! Love it.
Yes, we are

I don’t think the comment was worded all that well but this is the first blue chip rated type QB Baber’s staff has landed straight out of HS since DeVito. So it is significant in that respect.

I like both of the QB prospects, both seem like great athletes still growing into the position. It all comes down to how they develop. That’s always my concern with the portal transfers. Level of competition can be a factor.

So excited about this. Great job by the staff.

Still stuck with the what if in my head regarding LaNorris Sellers. Ugh I just can’t let it go.

It had to be very recent. Like today recent.

On3 and 247 composites still show him as a 4 star at Rivals.

Rivals downgraded Tremble right after he committed to us, Williams here, and multiple of the NJ recruits. So I doubt it’s all a coincidence.

When he first came on our radar a couple
of weeks ago he was still a 4 star. And then people complain our rankings suck. Such a joke