Class of 2024 - QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23)

It had to be very recent. Like today recent.

On3 and 247 composites still show him as a 4 star at Rivals.

Rivals downgraded Tremble right after he committed to us, Williams here, and multiple of the NJ recruits. So I doubt it’s all a coincidence.

From what I can find it looks like it happened Friday. On 6/23 he was a Rivals Top 250 kid and a 4 star. Now he's an unranked mid 3-star.

From what I can find it looks like it happened Friday. On 6/23 he was a Rivals Top 250 kid and a 4 star. Now he's an unranked mid 3-star.
Must be all that football that was played the last 2 months.

It’s pretty obvious the recipe here because they did the same thing to Tremble. Had either committed to the SEC they’d still be graded where they were but because they committed here they were downgraded in favor of other recruits that went to SEC schools or something like that. It’s a bunch of nonsense and so disingenuous.

Must be all that football that was played the last 2 months.

It’s pretty obvious the recipe here because they did the same thing to Tremble. Had either committed to the SEC they’d still be graded where they were but because they committed here they were downgraded in favor of other recruits that went to SEC schools or something like that. It’s a bunch of nonsense and so disingenuous.
Yup. These sites need to put the rating history for each player on their sites. Who did the rating, when was it done and preferably a mandatory comment to explain why the rating was changed.

Be transparent. No need to provide cover for the people that use player ratings for propaganda. Rate the players based on what they can do, not who they end up choosing as their college.

I know these sites are not doing very well financially. If they were better run, and had some credibility, they would have a lot more subscribers and make a lot more money.

Minny s class looks a lot like ours. 1 four star kid and the rest threes. They have 23 cruits which boosts their ranking.
Except they received verbal's from 7 of the top ten kids in Minnesota according to 247.

From the descriptions and comments it sounds like Syracuse has recruited a quarterback candidate that is a superior athlete, with perhaps a bit above average throwing skills. If only SU had a quarterback coach with a proven track record of developing talent and putting players in the NFL. Oh...wait.

I don’t follow football recruiting that closely, but am excited for this commitment.

One question - are his height / weight legit?

If so, not worried at all. Wanted to check if they added two inches or whatever.

I don’t follow football recruiting that closely, but am excited for this commitment.

One question - are his height / weight legit?

If so, not worried at all. Wanted to check if they added two inches or whatever.
I have seen his height listed at 6'1.5. I think they rounded it up to 6'2.

6'1.5 looks legit to me watching his film.

Believe the weight is legit.

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

IMG_4639.jpeg

yep. Elite 11 had him at 6'1.5 189.

He also had a SPARQ rating over 115. I believe that was the 2nd best sparq rating behind Bass. So his athleticism is legit.

Now that the kid from Ohio flipped to Northwestern merely a few days after the SU commitment, I'm fine with bringing in one QB this class.

Not sure what this means. Why won’t this age well? Until this point, Babers has never landed a significant HS QB recruit outside of DeVito, who didn’t pan out. How can this not age well as it references the past? Do you not think the new commits are good?
Zurburgg wasn't/isn't a "significant" QB? I bet he has a fine career at NW.

so ?
You were saying their class looks a lot like ours. How so? They owned their own turf (I repeat 7of their states top 10...excluding one they didn't offer and one they are waiting on) . We took a big dump in NYS. Stole two from our own state. WE currently have 14 commits... they have 23., We have already have 2 decommits. I am still very high on what we have brought in at this point but we are not currently on equal footing with Minnesota imo. Not like ours at all.

You were saying their class looks a lot like ours. How so? They owned their own turf (I repeat 7of their states top 10...excluding one they didn't offer and one they are waiting on) . We took a big dump in NYS. Stole two from our own state. WE currently have 14 commits... they have 23., We have already have 2 decommits. I am still very high on what we have brought in at this point but we are not currently on equal footing with Minnesota imo. Not like ours at all.
Not really sure it matters that Minnesota got a higher percentage of their recruits in their home state. Now if they can grab them all even when they have some that are exceptional then great for them. No 4 stars in Minnesota this year. They currently have more commits yes. But overall star average is virtually the same and what matters more and what Mark is trying to point out. Their 86.75 to our 86.45 average. Can we close out the class with additional guys that are all ranked similarly then we will be equal in the 247rankings at the end of the day. Now that doesn't mean we will be ranked 14th in February as there ranking will drop as other colleges get more recruits. Come February I think we will be in the 40's which is great. Better than most years that is for sure.

1687817452961.png

1687817072113.png

1687817077383.png

Cuse has had 3 decommits, by the way. Comparing recruiting classes this far ahead of signing day is pretty ridiculous. “Owning their own turf” is also vastly overrated.

... He said how so.

1 four star kid and the rest threes. They have 23 cruits which boosts their ranking.

That's like our class.