Class of 2019 - QB Josh Comune (NJ) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Josh Comune (NJ)

CuseLegacy

B9W8S_oCEAAU4R7.jpg:large

Bergen Catholic player...so is he interested in Cuse already or is he just trying to make points with Madei. ;)

Madei Williams? Does he run a camp in NJ or something?

Sometimes y'all are just terrible. You should appreciate that Madei is such a great supporter of Syracuse Football.
Agreed. Madei is trying to help. He was IMHO a really talented player while at SU who just struggled in games. Frustrating player to watch, he was capable of great things. Really looked good in scrimmages and sometimes even in games.

Agreed. Madei is trying to help. He was IMHO a really talented player while at SU who just struggled in games. Frustrating player to watch, he was capable of great things. Really looked good in scrimmages and sometimes even in games.

Like the Michigan game, which I'm still certain we'd have won if Pasqualoni didn't stick to the platoon in the second half. Madei was our best quarterback that night by far.

I was in class with a bunch of Football and Hoops and Lax guys during my time on the Hill ('97 - '01). Hard to tell how any student processes and comprehends information, etc, with the larger classes (over 35-40 students) but to share an observation with the board, small classes I had included being with Madei (an IT class) and Etan Thomas (it was either a finance or entrepreneurship class).

Both Madei and Etan couldn't have been more humble and deferring attention from themselves. I will say, though, that Etan had a much better grasp of the subject matter in class and seemed to really be engaged and "got it" while Madei struggled with an easier subject matter. With both athletes having seemingly similar athletic ability in their respective sports and both had by all accounts a great work ethic, I wonder if this sort of cognitive ability (not sure if that's the right terminology or not) is the difference between a guy like Etan maximizing his talent and parlaying it into a professional athletic career, and Madei, who i am not bashing what-so-ever (I'd love to have his life in sports), who's play on the field never quite matched his talent. I'm thrilled that Madei is mentoring these kids - more thrilled he seems to have good relations with SU.