Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be happy with this pickup. He has a strong arm, good size, seems composed, and intelligent. Kind got a little Justin Herbert vibe from him (not saying he’s Justin Herbert or the same level of prospect).

but is it ok for us to compare him to Dungey if...ya know...we legit feel like he reminds us of Dungey? What are the rules?
It's an automatic five point deduction if you compare a QB to Dungey.

If the player actually is legitimately comparable to Dungey, you gain two points.

If the player is also not white and you still compare to Dungey, you get a three point bonus for making a cross-racial comparison.

So, net, the best case scenario is zero points.

I know, it seems unfair. I don't make the rules though.

Like the offer list, like the HS, like the fact he's played another position.

Hopefully we can reel this one in. Also can we not say "has some Dungey in him" like every other white QB we offer that can run?

EDIT - Finished his tape. Squeezed some throws into tight windows. Can move in the pocket under pressure. Can run and escape pressure, but isn't a run first QB. Seemed accurate on the run. I really like this kid.
How soon until the bandwagon offers begin?

How soon until the bandwagon offers begin?
I don't think there are a ton of P5 schools left that are still looking for QBs. When he says he plans on making a decision shortly, I believe it. It would be really dangerous to get a P5 offer around now and sit on it for a while. QBs are usually among the first recruits to verbal. Schools are locking in and closing up shop. What are there, 65 P5 schools? Most will only take 1 QB in a class and most of them have their QB already for 2021.

It is a great sign he visited SU on his own dime before even getting formally offered. No offense to UL, but this kid values academics. The vast gap in academic prestige between UL and Syracuse is going to be hard to overcome for recruits who care about what it says on their diploma.

Other than the top 10-15 top rated kids finding the right QB is very difficult. Schools like NDSU, Wyoming and other lower level programs produce as many great QBs as the Blue Bloods.
Im thrilled that we have a true QB coach again as it is critical. SUs QB room is filled with a diverse group. Im confident that one or more of these kids is going to do well. Lets add this kid to the mix and let em compete. Its nice to have some depth.

I think this is exactly right. Land good prospects to fill the QB room, and let the chips fall where they may. And the more good athletes / quality prospects you have, the better the chances are that one [or more] of them pans out as a starting caliber QB.

Because at the end of the day, it is somewhat of a crapshoot [even with blue chip caliber recruits], and you never know who has the right work ethic, ability to produce in the face of live pass rush, who masters the playbook best, etc. Some guys have "it," others do not.

Last edited:
It's an automatic five point deduction if you compare a QB to Dungey.

If the player actually is legitimately comparable to Dungey, you gain two points.

If the player is also not white and you still compare to Dungey, you get a three point bonus for making a cross-racial comparison.

So, net, the best case scenario is zero points.

I know, it seems unfair. I don't make the rules though.
Finally some clarification...thank you! ;)

He seems cool under pressure like Johnny Utah, with an arm like Uncle Rico.
I award you two points for referencing fictional characters, and deduct one point for referencing a character that Dino Babers would never recruit, for a total of one point.

For those scoring at home, yes, this earns a higher score than any single direct comparison to Dungey.

Reminds me of Todd Philcox... maybe a little quicker.
I award you three points for referencing a QB that feels familiar because he's a Syracuse guy but that ultimately played long enough ago that a significant number of our posters likely never saw him play so have no idea if the comparison is accurate, and one for using an ellipsis with a follow up comment that differentiates your comparison's style of play with the 'croot in question. This comparison scores 4 points.

He reminds me of the kid that lead us to an undefeated championship season around 2025 and then went 1:1 in the draft. His name escapes me (I’m from the future btw).

But Dungey WAS in panic mode half the time, which is why he got hurt so often. He'd take big hits because he was improvising and not accounting for defensive players. This kid seems far more in control, and actually looks like a QB.

That's why I don't think we can compare him.
In most cases Dungey "voluntarily" took those big hits...in fact, sometimes I think he sought them out.

I award you two points for referencing fictional characters, and deduct one point for referencing a character that Dino Babers would never recruit, for a total of one point.

For those scoring at home, yes, this earns a higher score than any single direct comparison to Dungey.
I'll take it.

People worried about his offers, I guarantee he gets more p5 offers within the next 7 days. Cuse offers a QB midway through the cycle, others take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom