Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site really should have a joking version of the crystal ball.

Mostly so I can participate in dragging the poor souls who are wrong, in the rare cases I’m not one of them

He is 100 percent but his confidence level was 3 out of 10. He does seem to focus on players on the west coast.

heres hoping he stays a 100 percent.

He is 100 percent but his confidence level was 3 out of 10. He does seem to focus on players on the west coast.

heres hoping he stays a 100 percent.

Is that so he can't be wrong?

VMP9tL0bPqbu.gif

This site really should have a joking version of the crystal ball.

Mostly so I can participate in dragging the poor souls who are wrong, in the rare cases I’m not one of them

Crystal Meth Ball
Cristal Ball

Well San Jose State is closest to home. Wyoming can tout the Josh Allen/Carson Wentz connection with their coaching staff and Louisville and Boise State have won more lately. But we have a Dome and the makings of an fun, explosive offense to play in.

I'm excited about this QB. What I don't understand, is why someone who is ranked as an 85 (mid level 3 star) by the 24/7 composite, and as an 87 (a high 3 star) by 24/7 evaluators has just 2 P5 offers. Usually when a kid is a high 3 they get offer sheets similar to 4 star Qb's. Even a mid level 3 usually gets more than 2 P5 offers.
Could someone who understands recruiting better than me weigh in?
What am I missing?

I'm excited about this QB. What I don't understand, is why someone who is ranked as an 85 (mid level 3 star) by the 24/7 composite, and as an 87 (a high 3 star) by 24/7 evaluators has just 2 P5 offers. Usually when a kid is a high 3 they get offer sheets similar to 4 star Qb's. Even a mid level 3 usually gets more than 2 P5 offers.
What am I missing?
Here we go again...paging General Joe...

Here we go again...paging General Joe...
No...not here we go again. I'm excited about the QB. First sentence. I just have a genuine curiosity on why these things shake out the way they do. I've never been the guy complaining about how many stars a recruit has. I'm more exited about a guy that fits regardless of his star ranking.
Please don't turn this into a thing, when I'm just genuinely curious.

Well San Jose State is closest to home. Wyoming can tout the Josh Allen/Carson Wentz connection with their coaching staff and Louisville and Boise State have won more lately. But we have a Dome and the makings of an fun, explosive offense to play in.
Not sure how Wentz can be linked to Wyoming or the staff. He played for North Dakota St. What am I missing.

What am I missing?
Don't worry about the grades from Website gurus, they are not coaches. Worry about the offers, those mean the player is graded high enough for the University to offer them something of value. The higher on the food chain of football teams the better the player.

Just to get out ahead of this, general recruiting questions can be asked on the main board, or in this thread. This thread is solely about Justin Lamson.

That being said, the fact that Louisville wants this kid badly should outweigh the "But he only has offers from Dartmouth/Idaho/East Bumfck U..." pearl-clutchers.

Not sure how Wentz can be linked to Wyoming or the staff. He played for North Dakota St. What am I missing.

Wyoming coach Craig Bohl and offensive coordinator Brent Vigen came from North Dakota State. They left for Wyoming after his sophomore year before he blew up, but they can claim they recruited him and played a part in his development.

What am I missing?

I'll take a shot at answering, because of the authentic spirit with which you're asking the question [versus being a sky-is-falling alarmist, wandering the forum wearing a sandwich board bemoaning the prospect's lack of P5 offers].

Short answer: it is June, before his senior year. And at this juncture, he has two P5s and another offer from a team that's been pretty good for an extended period of time [Boise State]. Under normal conditions, the kid would attend camps, and likely garner a LOT more P5 offers throughout the summer. With COVID-19, he's not going to get that opportunity / exposure, which will undercut the total # of offers.

And for the record, that offer list could still change / grow -- he won't be able to put ink to paper until December, and other teams aren't going to back off if they like his potential.

What am I missing?
He didn't start at QB until his junior year. He was an all-district safety as a sophomore. Had a great junior year, but then didn't get to attend camps.

It's a fair question. I think it's a combination of teams generally only taking one QB and last year being his first under center. I'm not Mr. every recruit is awesome, but really like his poise and ability to make something out of nothing. Satterfield really wanting him is also a good indicator.

I'll take a shot at answering, because of the authentic spirit with which you're asking the question [versus being a sky-is-falling alarmist, wandering the forum wearing a sandwich board bemoaning the prospect's lack of P5 offers].

Short answer: it is June, before his senior year. And at this juncture, he has two P5s and another offer from a team that's been pretty good for an extended period of time [Boise State]. Under normal conditions, the kid would attend camps, and likely garner a LOT more P5 offers throughout the summer. With COVID-19, he's not going to get that opportunity / exposure, which will undercut the total # of offers.

And for the record, that offer list could still change / grow -- he won't be able to put ink to paper until December, and other teams aren't going to back off if they like his potential.
Thanks. I think some people see a "star question" and get all triggered and butthurt, and fail to actually read the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom