Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

I was hoping. It would have been cool to see the competition amoungst everyone in the spring.

I think Cali may be trying to play football in the Spring, so perhaps he wants to try to play his Sr year of HS?

Governor locking down the state again. Not going to happen. If he has the credits to graduate it would benefit him to early enroll.
When were they hoping to start the season. With vaccinations starting soon, 2-3 months could be be very different.

When were they hoping to start the season. With vaccinations starting soon, 2-3 months could be be very different.
I am not sure about that. Fauci is saying May, June and July is when the vaccines should start making a big impact. He thinks we might be back close to normal around September. Thinks that is when we might be able to have crowds at sporting events again.

So far, he has been pretty accurate in his assessments.

Looking to start in December. That’s off. Earliest would be February. All students still distance learning with no information of a change. He lives in northern Cali. Would be last to return.

I am not sure about that. Fauci is saying May, June and July is when the vaccines should start making a big impact. He thinks we might be back close to normal around September. Thinks that is when we might be able to have crowds at sporting events again.

So far, he has been pretty accurate in his assessments.

But states may be able to open things in stages once the most vulnerable are vaccinated. California may be able to allow high school sporting events with no spectators in spring.

Looking to start in December. That’s off. Earliest would be February. All students still distance learning with no information of a change. He lives in northern Cali. Would be last to return.
Northern Cali would be last? I wonder what the rationale is there.

Northern Cali would be last? I wonder what the rationale is there.
No cal was first area to shut down in March. Shutting down again even though numbers are lower then other places in ca. High schools will most likely not return to school until next year in ca. Just started stay at home again today. Even with a vaccine it won’t be widely distributed until April, may or June. Schools are not going to risk brings kids back in ca.

He needs to get here in January.
He only started at QB as a junior in high school right? Didn't start as a Soph and hasn't had a senior year, at least yet. Playing his Senior football season would obviously help him too and could possibly help him as much as getting to Syracuse early. And you certainly can't blame him if he wants to play his Senior year.

He doesn't have much playing experience yet but I think he has good upside. He looks to be super competitive and enthusiastic with good leadership skills. He has decent height and with his added weight that puts him at a pretty good size. Looks to be pretty accurate and can throw on the run. But I love that he appears to be a play maker that will just get the job done no matter the situation. Kind of similar to Ian Book who we just played but may be an inch or two taller than him, but probably not quite as athletic as he is. Having good pocket presence and escapability helps for any QB but I think it is a very important quality at Syracuse.

Last edited:
He only started at QB as a junior in high school right? Didn't start as a Soph and hasn't had a senior year, at least yet. Playing his Senior football season would obviously help him too and could possibly help him as much as getting to Syracuse early. And you certainly can't blame him if he wants to play his Senior year.

He doesn't have much playing experience yet but I think he has good upside. He looks to be super competitive and enthusiastic with good leadership skills. He has decent height and with his added weight that puts him at a pretty good size. Looks to be pretty accurate and can throw on the run. But I love that he appears to be a play maker that will just get the job done no matter the situation. Kind of similar to Ian Book who we just played but may be an inch or two taller than him, but probably not quite as athletic as he is. Having pocked presence and escapability helps for any QB but I think it is a very important quality at Syracuse.

He was an excellent safety as a Soph.
Didn’t make the switch to QB until Jr year, IIRC.

So, he doesn’t have a ton of experience, but is a plus athlete.

IF HS football will happen, then he’d be well-served to play.
If not - then getting to SU early would be better.

Hopefully he can get clarification around that, but with as bad as the Third Wave is, he’s probably safer and more likely to improve if he’s at Syracuse.

But will he be coming here in the spring or waiting until the fall?

He wants to play his Sr. season, which (in theory) would be this Spring.
But Cali has major restrictions, so that may not likely happen.

All that said - I don't think he's officially stated that he plans to enroll early, so until we hear that, assume he isn't.