Class of 2017 - QB Kasim Hill (MD) Verbal to Maryland/Entering the Transfer Portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Kasim Hill (MD) Verbal to Maryland/Entering the Transfer Portal

Keep adding to that P5 offer list Kasim. It will look so much better when you go Orange.

That said Wake is so far behind the 8 ball here.

When it comes to recruiting, I honestly don't care about that horrible stuff. I'm more concerned about the fact that we're still facing an uphill battle fighting off schools like Penn State, so I despise seeing them get involved with people we are recruiting. They are literally the only northeast P5 school I have no confidence in us beating out for a recruit. We can and have beat Rutgers, BC, and Pitt, but I really can't recall many times when we've won a recruit away from Penn State. Particularly a northeastern recruit.

I'll go out on a limb here, and speculate that it may have something to do with the fact that Penn State is recruiting Kasim Hill.

Penn State recruits a lot of kids, check the opposing boards...none of them act like this one.

When it comes to recruiting, I honestly don't care about that horrible stuff. I'm more concerned about the fact that we're still facing an uphill battle fighting off schools like Penn State, so I despise seeing them get involved with people we are recruiting. They are literally the only northeast P5 school I have no confidence in us beating out for a recruit. We can and have beat Rutgers, BC, and Pitt, but I really can't recall many times when we've won a recruit away from Penn State. Particularly a northeastern recruit.
Beat them out today;)

I feel we have a real good chance with this kid. He should be one of our main target (which I'm sure he is.) and it sure helps that his dad is a big fan of the Cuse. I just can't believe how accurate he can throw the ball on the run. He is a very exciting young QB. He is one of many QBs I sure HC Baber and staff are looking at. ;)

Between him, Coan, Grissum and Hall I think I prefer Kasim based on their films. Would love to know what Babers' board looks like for QB's.

That's positive for SU. Bailey, Lobdell and Bruce Williams are all on staff there. But it is also a big Under Armour school.
Its really bad when recruiting is dictated by corporations. It might not be all done by it but definitely quite a bit.

Its really bad when recruiting is dictated by corporations. It might not be all done by it but definitely quite a bit.

I agree, but this case is a little different in that Plank is an alum.

That's positive for SU. Bailey, Lobdell and Bruce Williams are all on staff there. But it is also a big Under Armour school.
I haven't heard anything on companies influences fball recruits. Is that thing? Surprised since so much is written about bball recruits, aau and colleges.

Dino Babers gets results. We were all impressed at what he was able to accomplish in a short period of time to recruit an impressive list of players now NLI signed. Some were players who he was recruiting for Bowling Green and some were recruited with phone calls to his acquaintances in the world of coaching.

It seems clear that one of Dino Baber’s goals is to create a way to get the best players for his SU team as possible. The best come from specific areas in the country; Florida, Texas, California Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia. Add Michigan, and D.C. Why? Where he can, the HC is using his personality and record to develop relationships with coaches at the best high schools with the best football programs in the country to develop recruiting pipelines; dictionary definition, (a route, channel, or process along which something passes or is provided at a steady rate; means, system, or flow of supply or supplies) and players. Kenneth Ruff the first player Babers signed was a “flip” from Virginia coming to SU along with his coach hired away from VA. Linebacker Ruff is from Dillard HS in Fort Lauderdale FL as is his classmate DT McKinley Williams. DE Jaqwuan Nelson, DT, SS Scoop Bradshaw, S Devon Clarke and QB Rex Culpepper join that exclusive Florida club. We’ve also seen other examples of this recruiting in the best geographical areas such as Narbonne HS in Harbor City, California. Sean Riley the elusive exciting RB was the first to sign while other class mates a year away are holding offers. And, we observed just this weekend another school in Michigan, Cass Tech another football powerhouse in Detroit MI visited SU. Ath Kalon Gervin (4.38 40) and S Deandre Square two 2017 four star players were offered as well as 5 others in the class of 2018.

Head football coach, Joe Casamento who compiled a coaching record of 143-27 during 17 seasons at Christian Brothers Academy accepted the associate HC position with St. John's College High School in Washington, D.C. which is the school Kasim Hill is transferring to. The new SU family friendly football program has certainly begun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visitor Spotlight 2/20

One of the targets for Dino Babers visiting this weekend has been here before. In 2013 Kasim Hill was finishing up participating in an SU summer camp running a 4.74 40 after graduating from eighth grade. He hadn’t played a down of football at any high school but the quarterback had just been offered his first scholarship. A few facts about the now elite 6’2” – 192 – 4 star QB transfer from Gilman HS in Baltimore to St. Johns College HS in DC. He is a pro style pocket passer used to working from a shotgun in a spread formation. He exhibits excellent form and mechanics showing proper stance and footwork, brings the ball to his ear from the snap and is ready to throw with a quick release. His tight, crisp, spirals are very accurate - long, short and over the middle. He can be very elusive in the pocket, easily getting away from blitzes; looks to pass first but if he needs to run he is tough, strong, and deceptively fast. Kasim has spoken with the new staff and is very interested in SU and our QB friendly offense. Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State and MD are frontrunners for his services as of this date. If we are his choice the advantages for SU football and recruiting will be considerable.

Last edited by a moderator: