Class of 2017 - QB Kasim Hill (MD) Verbal to Maryland/Entering the Transfer Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Kasim Hill (MD) Verbal to Maryland/Entering the Transfer Portal

If we lose him that leaves us with our hopes on Devito. Which to be honest I would be very happy. I didn't think Maryland would be our big nemus.

If we lose him that leaves us with our hopes on Devito. Which to be honest I would be very happy. I didn't think Maryland would be our big nemus.

Still lots of time until signing day...

the sky isn't falling. There are dozens of QBs out there and the evaluation [eriod hasn't even begun yet.

Last edited:
I like Devito and it will help with NJ recruiting if he commits to the Cuse. Not counting out Hill just yet for he may pull a surprise tomorrow and select an orange cap.

FWIW Eley and Hill just retweeted Cam Spences' announcement of his commitment to UMD this morning.

the sky isn't falling. There are dozens of QBs out there and the evaluation [eriod hasn't even begun yet.

And did I miss something... what about Grissom? He hasn't committed anywhere yet.

FWIW Eley and Hill just retweeted Cam Spences' announcement of his commitment to UMD this morning.
Too bad. I like that kid a lot.

DeVito is a major talent as well. In the final analysis, it may prove more beneficial to the program to land a top QB from a major program in New Jersey than Maryland. Could help jump start recruiting in NJ, a state where we could definitely improve things.

I know it's lame and unfair to say that every kid who chooses another school is missing out...

But with this offense in its infancy here? If you're an offensive player, I kind of think a little faith may be rewarded big time. Get in on the ground floor.

Wish him luck all the same.

I know it's lame and unfair to say that every kid who chooses another school is missing out...

But with this offense in its infancy here? If you're an offensive player, I kind of think a little faith may be rewarded big time. Get in on the ground floor.

Kids don't know what's good for them sometimes.

Close to home and Walt Bell's offense is just as prolific.

Looking at one statistic from last year,
Pts per game
Bowling Green 42.2
Ark St 40

He can sell the same thing Babers can to a QB.

I think Lewis is scaring these kids off. I know he scares me! It's like being coached by a Kurgan!

I think Lewis is scaring these kids off. I know he scares me! It's like being coached by a Kurgan!
I kept getting a Superman 2 vibe...

Kneel before Lewis!

kneel-o.gif

Close to home and Walt Bell's offense is just as prolific.

Looking at one statistic from last year,
Pts per game
Bowling Green 42.2
Ark St 40

He can sell the same thing Babers can to a QB.

He can't sell the same thing to a QB. It was run heavy offense. They are 2:1 run to pass. Their 2 QB's threw a combined 2600 yards with 23 TDs to 15 INTs on 356 attempts

Bowling Green threw 589 times. 5119 yards. 47 TDS;s to 8 INTs.

To 542 runs. That's over 1,100 plays from scrimmage and 7,655 total yards

He can't sell the same thing to a QB. It was run heavy offense. They are 2:1 run to pass. Their 2 QB's threw a combined 2600 yards with 23 TDs to 15 INTs on 356 attempts

Bowling Green threw 589 times. 5119 yards. 47 TDS;s to 8 INTs.

To 542 runs. That's over 1,100 plays from scrimmage and 7,655 total yards
I don't think it's to hard for an OC to talk his way around that. If Hill goes there that will be apparent.

I don't think it's to hard for an OC to talk his way around that. If Hill goes there that will be apparent.

Sure everyone can put their own spin on things, but nobody can actually match the numbers. Anyhow, there's immense pressure on those Maryland kids to stay home. Edsall might have ended up landing Hill. But Maryland has historically had trouble hanging on to kids. This one will be interesting to watch over the year as the big boys get jilted and their needs change etc.

Sure everyone can put their own spin on things, but nobody can actually match the numbers. Anyhow, there's immense pressure on those Maryland kids to stay home. Edsall might have ended up landing Hill. But Maryland has historically had trouble hanging on to kids. This one will be interesting to watch over the year as the big boys get jilted and their needs change etc.
Hurts that none of our alums are able to steer one of these guys here.