Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get the QB then the offensive line...or do you get the O line first, then the QB? I am asking for a friend...
If you don't have an O-line that is doing its job , you will end up with what the NYGiants have been going through, picking up your quarterback all over the field. Hopefully ours isn't that bad. I do know it needs help.

Do you get the QB then the offensive line...or do you get the O line first, then the QB? I am asking for a friend...
Line first. They take the longest to gel. Then QB. Then load up WRs and RBs.

Line first. They take the longest to gel. Then QB. Then load up WRs and RBs.

IMG_5252.gif

It’s one thing to have a 5 star freshman in the QB room to push you. It’s whole other thing when that 5 star is the spawn of a Nebraska legacy.
Come to Cuse Kyle, You can be a NY Hero.
What is our backup plan if McCord doesn't happen for any reason. Should I be worried.

Something doesn’t add up. McCord may know some hottie he wants to visit at Nebraska or something. No way they’d be getting a 5 star QB and McCord on top of another commit.
Trying to force a McCord commitment?

What is our backup plan if McCord doesn't happen for any reason. Should I be worried.
If I was the HC, I would try and get two experienced QBs from the portal and also bring in Jakari as a true frosh, to pair with our 2 QBs still on scholarship.

I think you need to have a minimum of 5 QBs on scholarship because you can almost bank on at least one of them, often two, leaving every year. And then there is the possibility a QB gets hurt. Which has happened to us something like 9 out of the last 10 years.

Getting 2 experienced QBs from the portal is going to be tough. That is why one of them is likely going to be a second level type guy. More of a game manager type who has experience.

So we don't ever end up with a RB and a TE having to play QB the last few games of a season again.

Have you ever noticed when Kyle was barking out signals at tOSU he often said, “Adam-12, Adam-12?”

Now I understand why:
1702392067699.jpeg

His grand daddy Kent McCord

(I know. A long way to go for a “joke” on a football board that maybe 40% of y’all might relate to - so sue me.)

If I was the HC, I would try and get two experienced QBs from the portal and also bring in Jakari as a true frosh, to pair with our 2 QBs still on scholarship.

I think you need to have a minimum of 5 QBs on scholarship because you can almost bank on at least one of them, often two, leaving every year. And then there is the possibility a QB gets hurt. Which has happened to us something like 9 out of the last 10 years.

Getting 2 experienced QBs from the portal is going to be tough. That is why one of them is likely going to be a second level type guy. More of a game manager type who has experience.

So we don't ever end up with a RB and a TE having to play QB the last few games of a season again.
100% Snyder can be that guy but how do we pull an experienced guy like that without the intention of making him the starter? Tough sell. If anyone can do it, it's this staff though. Fingers crossed

Have you ever noticed when Kyle was barking out signals at tOSU he often said, “Adam-12, Adam-12?”

Now I understand why:
View attachment 234840
His grand daddy Kent McCord

(I know. A long way to go for a “joke” on a football board that maybe 40% of y’all might relate to - so sue me.)

When he audibles to a "415", they break out the chains and knives?

100% Snyder can be that guy but how do we pull an experienced guy like that without the intention of making him the starter? Tough sell. If anyone can do it, it's this staff though. Fingers crossed
One thing he could mention is our injury history at QB. If you are the second team QB at Syracuse sometime in the last 10 years, odds are really good you are going to end the season as the starter and start a bunch of games.

We don't have a great OL and the QB is going to get hit. A fair number of times.

Hoping Coach Nunzio can work some magic and convince a couple experienced OL from NJ to transfer in and help here. NJ produces a lot of good OL. We need some. ASAP.

Dusty and Danny had some recruiting guy on this morning (I joined late so didn’t catch the name), he said that McCord “ wouldn’t be impacted by the Raiola.” Sounded like the money is there for both guys, 5 star has the family connections and then obviously McCord would come in expecting to be the starter. They didn’t talk about SU at all though. Again, didn’t catch his name so idk his pedigree.

Looking like the kid from Buffalo
One of my sons goes to UB so I follow the football team a bit and went to two home games this year. First one, he looked serviceable and I could see him as a "game manager" type when they had a strong running game. Second one, he was benched and the back up played a majority of the game.

No idea how he translates here, just a little shocking to me if he is the #1 for us out of the portal. Although with a preferred rushing attack (as discussed by HCFB) he may be able to get us through one year until real QB recruiting can take hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom