Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fran & AD Wildhack referenced in his press conference that the only one-year portal transfers they would consider are players going to the NFL. McCord would fit the description of a player they are talking about and we desperately need a starting QB.

Was that in reference strictly to QB's or any position? Because they just took that Georgia WR with one year of eligibility left and nothing about his college career to date screams "guy going to the NFL."

Read somewhere that a cuse fan didn't want McCord because he stinks...then looked at his stats and some of our qb stats over the years...head scratcher! If you watch this and come away thinking this guy stinks then you need help!

Read somewhere that a cuse fan didn't want McCord because he stinks...then looked at his stats and some of our qb stats over the years...head scratcher! If you watch this and come away thinking this guy stinks then you need help!

Sounds like a fan that doesn't want to get hurt. Sort of like calling a super model ugly because you'd never be able to land them. Can't get rejected if you reject them first.

This is an older article but it mentions something I thought about but hasn’t come up in the discussion.

Basically, if he goes to Nebraska, he’ll have to play OSU in 2024. That seemed to be something he really didn’t want to do. So interesting that he’d be visiting Nebraska and I wonder if that will affect his decision making process.

If he does visit I honestly think we have a really good shot here.
But if he comes here he will play OSU in the playoffs next season... so what's the difference? :p

Sounds like a fan that doesn't want to get hurt. Sort of like calling a super model ugly because you'd never be able to land them. Can't get rejected if you reject them first.
the thing is, if you want better talent you have to compete for it, and that will result in plenty of flips, good news bad news etc. Every one of these higher end guys will be recruited up until the minute they sign. Just the way it goes when you step up the recruiting game.

I watched a few of the OSU games and wasn't really thrilled with McCord but I trust the staff.

Marv Jr seemed angry with him at times or frustrated so maybe that skewed my thinking but I didn't like some of his decisions. That said, wasn't to keen on the OSU wr's either other than MH Jr.

He's a great QB, I just hope we can pass protect as good as the film.
Yeah that’s my only major concern with him is what does he look like with a weaker OL

However, there’s a lot of runway left with the portal so maybe when all is said and done we add a at least a couple of key OL pieces from there.

Yeah that’s my only major concern with him is what does he look like with a weaker OL

However, there’s a lot of runway left with the portal so maybe when all is said and done we add a at least a couple of key OL pieces from there.

I'm skeptical we are going to add a Martin type plug and play OL...They're going to have to coach up what we have. The good news is there's a decent foundation with a lot of experience. But a guy like CruzJr regressed, he needs to be built back up.

This is an older article but it mentions something I thought about but hasn’t come up in the discussion.

Basically, if he goes to Nebraska, he’ll have to play OSU in 2024. That seemed to be something he really didn’t want to do. So interesting that he’d be visiting Nebraska and I wonder if that will affect his decision making process.

If he does visit I honestly think we have a really good shot here.
Well not until we end up playing OSU in the playoff in 2024.

I watched a few of the OSU games and wasn't really thrilled with McCord but I trust the staff.

Marv Jr seemed angry with him at times or frustrated so maybe that skewed my thinking but I didn't like some of his decisions. That said, wasn't to keen on the OSU wr's either other than MH Jr.
I watched a lot of their games. He was a first year starter. He wasn't elite by any means. But a lot of the judgement made on his ability was in reference to a playoff type of team and comparing him to previous QB's they have had. 2016 and 2017 JT Barret. 2018 Dwayne Haskins. 2019 and 2020 Justin Fields. 2021 and 2022 CJ Stroud.

I wouldn't think 500K would be the number as he wasn't a great QB. He was good though. He isn't a QB leaving because he was great and on a bad team and wanted to improve his team situation. He is good and on a great team and unsure if he will start next year. I think and hope we can get him for less than 500K.

Here is what McCord brings you. He's a weapon and he brings you stability and talent at the QB position. But more importantly, it sends a message to college football that we are a destination now. The swag is back. Will he light up the scoreboard here? Who knows. Time will tell. A lot of factors play in to that. But he will get the attention of others looking for a home and that is why you stretch and grab this kid if you can.

Just because I like throwing out wild predictions, I think our starting QB next season (unless he completely face plants in his bowl game) will be Angeli from Notre Dame.

Was a quality croot, has the NJ connection (Bergen Catholic), ND isn't going to go with an unproven commodity at QB in this era and they just got a commit from Riley Leonard so Angeli'll be looking for an opportunity.

Help me manifest this.

Just because I like throwing out wild predictions, I think our starting QB next season (unless he completely face plants in his bowl game) will be Angeli from Notre Dame.

Was a quality croot, has the NJ connection (Bergen Catholic), ND isn't going to go with an unproven commodity at QB in this era and they just got a commit from Riley Leonard so Angeli'll be looking for an opportunity.

Help me manifest this.
Yeah I could certainly see this happening. He had nice stats in limited action but I see 0 rush attempts. Anybody know if he can run? Trying to figure out how the kid would want to play this. I wonder if he would want to stay and play in the bowl to up his stock? He could enter the portal and see if he gets a transfer opportunity he wants, then If not play in the bowl to up his stock? Not sure how ND would handle that situation if they would let him return after entering the portal though.

Steve Angeli 2023 Stats per Game - NCAAF - ESPN

Help me manifest this.
Angeli antipasto doesn't roll off the tongue like Tommy Cutlets does

Help me manifest this.
Don’t think this is wild at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online