Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should fare well against our schedule
With our schedule, we're ACC contenders, which means we're playoff contenders. If some of these other names people are hinting at make it official, we should immediately be one of the top 3-4 teams in the ACC on paper and we don't play the top two in the regular season.

Obviously on paper has to translate to on the field, but at the moment, we're looking very good - and Fran still has more time to cook.

With our schedule, we're ACC contenders, which means we're playoff contenders. If some of these other names people are hinting at make it official, we should immediately be one of the top 3-4 teams in the ACC on paper and we don't play the top two in the regular season.

Obviously on paper has to translate to on the field, but at the moment, we're looking very good - and Fran still has more time to cook.
1702792761336.jpeg

Personally, I’m just not willing to go that far. I need to see the coaching, specifically on offense and see how the roster gels. That stuff matters regardless of talent. OL needs some upgrades if we want to be serious contenders.

Personally, I’m just not willing to go that far. I need to see the coaching, specifically on offense and see how the roster gels. That stuff matters regardless of talent. OL needs some upgrades if we want to be serious contenders.
Yeah I'd like to see the OL upgraded, and the names we're optimistic about landing on defense need to come through. But even without an OL upgrade the offense should be able to get the job done with a short passing game with this talent.

The schedule is a huge part of it. We're not going to be the best team in the ACC on paper, but we should be good enough on paper to get there a decent percentage of the time on this schedule, and then we're in "any given Saturday," territory.

I don't think the gameday coaching needs to be above replacement level for that to be true.

2025 is another story, but that's a ways off.

I agree - the talent influx is awesome, the buzz is awesome, but there’s still quite a bit of work to do with the OL in particular. We’ll see what it all looks like coming out of the spring.

It will be nice if practically all the HS recruits can early enroll.

Why would anyone be mad at Axe for breaking this? He’s a journalist and a journalist’s job is to get info and tweet out “scoops”.

Plus he didn’t take any kid’s moment away! McCord is transfer getting upwards of 1M to come play here en route to the NFL. It’s not like he’s a HS kid getting his moment in the spotlight.

And McCord barely even posts on social.

Why would anyone be mad at Axe for breaking this? He’s a journalist and a journalist’s job is to get info and tweet out “scoops”.

Plus he didn’t take any kid’s moment away! McCord is transfer getting upwards of 1M to come play here en route to the NFL. It’s not like he’s a HS kid getting his moment in the spotlight.

And McCord barely even posts on social.
yeah, I agree. If McCord had wanted to post it he would have because he is the actual source of the information since he's the signer of the agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom