Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy hell he's good.
Just need a line..
And what that highlight doesn't show is the dozens of times where McCord sat in the pocket, and calmly threw a pass located where a receiver could catch and run.

Worlds better at passing than what we've had.

It was great to see his agility in the pocket while still looking to get the ball down field.

I haven't spent more than a minute or two in the football recruiting forums the last 20 years... But I guess I'm back.

im back keanu reeves GIF

And what that highlight doesn't show is the dozens of times where McCord sat in the pocket, and calmly threw a pass located where a receiver could catch and run.

Worlds better at passing than what we've had.

It was great to see his agility in the pocket while still looking to get the ball down field.

I haven't spent more than a minute or two in the football recruiting forums the last 20 years... But I guess I'm back.

im back keanu reeves GIF
Same. I’ve lurked on this message board under my current and a former (lost password) name on and off for over 22 years. Love recruiting but on the football side the staleness over the last couple of decades made my interest wane a bit. What Fran Brown is doing right now is absolutely something I could have never expected. Getting a McCord commitment is insane.

In that highlight video, he gets 90% of those throws off within about 2 seconds. Definitely a pocket passer for them, didn’t really see any throws on the run. The receivers did make some tough catches. Hopefully he can acclimate to the new offense quickly enough to be similarly efficient, and play to his strengths (and away from any deficiency of our Oline).

I think this is a Home run, Mccord against this schedule, with some weapons in the Dome, could be special. Like so many have said though O-line is still a glaring issue. One more WR would be nice, probably asking too much for Flemming lol.

Gadsden, Villari and Allen are going to have a hell of a year next season if they can stay healthy. McCord is going to cut though our schedule like a hot machete through butter.

So…we have a legit: QB1, RB1, WR1/2/3,TE1, a Villari, and more to come. Ok. I’ll take it. Let’s get that OL beefed up and we’re onto something. Only concern we should have is early season chemistry. Once we get going…damn. Also, an injury to McCord would be a major oof.

In that highlight video, he gets 90% of those throws off within about 2 seconds. Definitely a pocket passer for them, didn’t really see any throws on the run. The receivers did make some tough catches. Hopefully he can acclimate to the new offense quickly enough to be similarly efficient, and play to his strengths (and away from any deficiency of our Oline).
If you read between the lines there’s a reason why Fran’s getting so many WR to commit.

I’m assuming the next priority is OLine

When Kyle first entered the portal I wanted to put it in here to get everyone’s thoughts and also get Mike Mcallister’s input to see if there was even the slightest bit of possibility we’d be able to land him, but after a minute of pondering it I thought to myself “nah there’s no way” so did neither. Fast forward to now and all indications are Kyle McCord is our quarterback. Fran Brown is breaking stereotype after stereotype about Syracuse football. We can bring legitimate talent in and we do have the financial support to compete. We’ve suffered as a fan base for long enough, we deserve this.

With our schedule, we're ACC contenders, which means we're playoff contenders. If some of these other names people are hinting at make it official, we should immediately be one of the top 3-4 teams in the ACC on paper and we don't play the top two in the regular season.

Obviously on paper has to translate to on the field, but at the moment, we're looking very good - and Fran still has more time to cook.
Is Kansas official?

At a minimum, need more quality depth along the OL.
There are three guys, Mack, Bass, and Moeolo that didn’t play in the base offense last year because they were true freshman or injured. Elllis, More, and Wholabaugh had a combined 3 games of starts. They are all at least 6-5 and 300 all were three stars and average .85 on 247 (for what that’s worth).

I don’t have a problem going out and getting better guys, I’ve been saying need 2 more Dave W types, but there may be answers already on the roster for depth at least if not day one starters. The experience Petry and Bradford got had to make them better, but they should be depth guys not 10 game starters.

I think this is a Home run, Mccord against this schedule, with some weapons in the Dome, could be special. Like so many have said though O-line is still a glaring issue. One more WR would be nice, probably asking too much for Flemming lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if a few highly-rated O-linemen would be very interested in playing for an explosive offense. At least Fran has something to show them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom