Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have said, time to build that line. I don't want to see another Colorado. People here knew CU wasn't going to compete with the big dogs with no Oline, no matter how good Shedeur Sanders and his wr's were.
Have you seen how many OL prime has recruited in this class? I think he’s on #7 now lol.

Wasn't just that game, as he was not great against tough competition. Like I said he is very good, but was not a difference maker like some QBs are. There was very little concern when he decided to transfer. He will definitely improve the Cuse though so that is the important thing.
They went 11-1, and maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't see an Archie Griffin in their backfield this year.
Marv Jr is the best WR I've seen in the last 15 years, but someone still had to get him the ball, no?

Well, that's on them. What Axe did is called his job. Getting the scoop and getting clicks, that is also called his job. In case any have missed it, if you don't get scoops and clicks, in this environment in the newspaper business, you lose your job. Mike and Donna would have done the same exact thing. Next time you see them, ask them.
100% People have a bug with Axe because he called out JB on stuff that needed to be called out. Im not a fan of his but in this case as you are posting he is just doing his job.

This is hilarious how hard they don't want to mention Syracuse.

View attachment 235274
Laughter Laughing GIF

They went 11-1, and maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see an Archie Griffin in their backfield this year
Marv Jr is the best WR I've seen in the last 15 years, but someone still had to get him the ball, no?

Henderson was solid at RB, over 6 per carry.

Have you seen how many OL prime has recruited in this class? I think he’s on #7 now lol.
You couldn't avoid knowing if you tried out here. Yes, now he is, but for all the not knowing fans out here who thought they were competing for a conference title THIS season, without any of those lineman were insane.

Everyone comparing a McCord to GS or PFF grades. I think it’s important to remember the type of competition that McCord was playing all year was leaps and bounds above the competition that Syracuse played last year.

Strength of Kyle: he has a pro arm, pro body, can step up in the pocket really well, and he leaves his receivers very very well. Con: he’s not mobile. He’s not gonna be a threat to pop off a 50 yard run like GS. That’s a trade-off. I am more than willing to accept.
We’ve had to watch some terrible QB play with Shrader it was due to injury but we should get a break from this next year and that is the downside of this add.

The upside is we send him to the draft and become THE place to play for quarterbacks.

I like him way more than some of the crap in the portal like DJ, Brad Johnson’s kid, or Van Dyke.

Amen. The amount of comments on social media complaining that 1) McCord isn't good and 2) Axe did an awful thing ... it's astounding.
Every time I come back it amazes me how negative the entire area is. I don't know why maybe the lack of jobs or the lack of sunshine, but the negativity is sad.

When asked by 247Sports if he’d committed to the Orange on his visit, McCord said he’d decide soon.

“I’ll make my decision over the next few days, and I’ll announce it,” McCord said.

McCord said his process is down to “two or three schools.” He said he’s trying to get things sorted out before picking his next school. McCord said he has not taken any other visits outside of his trips to Syracuse and Nebraska.

I know I know this is how it works. I just don't wanna wait a few more days because I won't feel good until it's official lol.

Henderson was solid at RB, over 6 per carry.
Exactly my point. And McCord was "solid" at QB, against very stiff defenses.
At OSU he was a victim of the expectation game. They can afford to sit back and pick at every flaw, especially after the loss to their archival. We don't have that luxury.
Heck, if Day loses to UM next year, it's not above OSU fans to start calling for his head- ie; HC John Cooper. That would be wrong, but not unexpected.

Everyone comparing a McCord to GS or PFF grades. I think it’s important to remember the type of competition that McCord was playing all year was leaps and bounds above the competition that Syracuse played last year.

Strength of Kyle: he has a pro arm, pro body, can step up in the pocket really well, and he leaves his receivers very very well. Con: he’s not mobile. He’s not gonna be a threat to pop off a 50 yard run like GS. That’s a trade-off. I am more than willing to accept.
Looking at Ohio States schedule I don’t see how you can say that was leaps and bounds above Syracuse schedule

Exactly my point. And McCord was "solid" at QB, against very stiff defenses.
At OSU he was a victim of the expectation game. They can afford to sit back and pick at every flaw, especially after the loss to their archival. We don't have that luxury.
Heck, if Day loses to UM next year, it's not above OSU fans to start calling for his head- ie; HC John Cooper. That would be wrong, but not unexpected.
The last two QBs before McCord to lose to Michigan were drafted number 2 and number 11 overall. So, there’s that

This still pisses me off. Pisses me off that he didn’t pick Cuse. Okay fine. Pisses me of that he was so unimaginative to go to Ohio State. Just so typical and boring. Not fine. And it pisses me off that one of my favorite SU players is also allegedly a criminal. Also not fine.
Allegedly?! He murdered someone like a gang member! We don’t need anything to do with him. Syracuse has enough crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom