Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. I was only responding to the comment we wouldn’t offer top end players.
Dino offered a lot of kids. I'm sure many of them were highly ranked but we rarely made the cut for them.

1702872782647.jpeg

Really excited about this pickup. This is the best QB we could dream of having. He makes quick reads and decisively picks his best option and gets the ball out quickly. Even though he's often throwing into coverage, it's usually in a spot where only his receiver can get it and the DB's backs are still turned away. To me, he seems wise beyond his years, as that's what you see from good NFL QB's. Give your receiver a chance, but if it's incomplete, no big deal, on to the next down.

I think its important to note, this isn't your typical blue blood QB tossing dimes from an immaculate pocket, his best passes seemed to come with pressure in his face. He's not a magician that is going to amaze you, but he won't need to as his consistency will keep the chains moving and points on the board.

Can't wait to see him on the field in Orange. Thanks to Fran and SU from bringing him in, not only is he a top rated player, but is just a perfect fit. Usually senior QB's are in the college game anyway, but we got a great one here. So glad to see the stars aligning perfectly for this one.

Go Kyle, Go Fran, Go SU! Let's gooooooo!

I’m seeing comments already on Twitter that our schedule is a joke next year and if we go undefeated we don’t deserve to make the 12 team playoffs. These people are salty lol.
They may be right. I don't care. If we go undefeated and are left out, we'll still be talked about. That's a huge step toward relevance. Heck, if we lose 2 games that's still huge.

Still can't believe this is real. The ONLY thing that sucks about this situation, is that Ryan Day burned Mccords redshirt to have him come in and hand the ball off in the 2nd to last game of the season in a blowout win a couple years ago. So now he has one hear of eligibility left instead of 2. How moronic do you have to be to not know the situation and burn your 5 star QBs redshirt for something that's irrelevant?

Still can't believe this is real. The ONLY thing that sucks about this situation, is that Ryan Day burned Mccords redshirt to have him come in and hand the ball off in the 2nd to last game of the season in a blowout win a couple years ago. So now he has one hear of eligibility left instead of 2. How moronic do you have to be to not know the situation and burn your 5 star QBs redshirt for something that's irrelevant?

OSU fans claim his dad told Day to play him because he thought he'd be in the NFL after 3 years anyway

You never know how things are going to work out, maybe if he has 2 years left another big boy program gobbles him up.

So my gathering of everything posted:

>> McCord doesn’t throw as accurately when getting pressured.

>> Ryan Day blew his redshirt bc he was taking orders from a backup QBs family.

>> He didn’t beat Michigan

>> He couldn’t heal Egbuka in a Miyagi-before-Daniels-last-fight-with-his-hands way

>> He got off to some slow starts

>> And none of this was on the coaches, OL, injuries and there is no possible way for him to get better.

Do I have that all correct?

I’m sure it’s been said, but another huge benefit of this kid coming here is that he will not be nervous or rattled under center or off the field. This young man is coming in with more experience than we could have dreamed of and a goal to make it into the NFL draft and NFL. I literally would rather have this kid than a 5 star freshman qb. I know the hype that would bring but sometimes results can’t match hype bc of the change in speed. Kyle has been playing at the necessary speed, if not higher, for three plus years for OSU. Homerun here and sets the tone for the next wave of recruits next year based on what I imagine will be great on the field results this year.

I’m sure it’s been said, but another huge benefit of this kid coming here is that he will not be nervous or rattled under center or off the field. This young man is coming in with more experience than we could have dreamed of and a goal to make it into the NFL draft and NFL. I literally would rather have this kid than a 5 star freshman qb. I know the hype that would bring but sometimes results can’t match hype bc of the change in speed. Kyle has been playing at the necessary speed, if not higher, for three plus years for OSU. Homerun here and sets the tone for the next wave of recruits next year based on what I imagine will be great on the field results this year.

Yep, big time experience and age matters, see Bo Nix and Penix.

Yeah, not my point. New student, new teammate. First step to success is building chemistry. Being close to the team, not in downtown Syracuse, where they say he was looking, will help with that. That's all I meant.
I agree with you but I also realized since he’s coming as a mid year most apts are rented so he may not have a lot of options and may need to go further off campus for an apt befitting of a starting QB who just got an NIL pay raise

So..McCord is Newhouse?
Yup. Woman who Tweeted that is Olivia Stomski, who runs the Newhouse Sports Media Center. She's also a producer for a lot of big time games and events too. She's still a professional as she's somewhat young (40s). She's all over the place doing games and is a big asset for Newhouse from what I've heard. Well connected.

View attachment 235285
Twitter is on fire.
Sick picture - but I guess AI thinks Cuse is for white ppl only

This is a freaky looking picture. Look more at the sides and the background players and fans: Their faces look contorted (or worse) like the pictures from the doomed characters in The Ring. There are multiple mouths with gaping, black, maws with questionable dentition; and look at some of the hands/arms...
Maybe I just watch too many horror films, but this is creepy...
(By the way, "Sunette Tone" (on the player in the foreground's jersey) translates loosely to "Sound Tone" as far as I could determine online. Although "Sun Tone" might be possible as well. Take that for what little it is worth...)

So my gathering of everything posted:

>> McCord doesn’t throw as accurately when getting pressured.

>> Ryan Day blew his redshirt bc he was taking orders from a backup QBs family.

>> He didn’t beat Michigan

>> He couldn’t heal Egbuka in a Miyagi-before-Daniels-last-fight-with-his-hands way

>> He got off to some slow starts

>> And none of this was on the coaches, OL, injuries and there is no possible way for him to get better.

Do I have that all correct?

The moon landing was fake.

I saw every game this year. Early in the season he had happy feet and didn’t seem to have a good feel for how much time he had before he needed to get rid of the ball. He also would lock on his primary receiver and not do his check downs.
He got better and better game by game and should do very dry well here, but he is a pocket passer and I definitely think we need a big improvement in our OL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom