Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

More info on Becks Cavalier QB interest

La Norris Sellers Florence, SC 6' 3" 215

FLORENCE, S.C. − South Florence High School rising junior quarterback LaNorris Sellers announced via his Twitter account Saturday that he was committing to the University of Virginia.
Sellers picked the Atlantic Coast Conference’s Cavaliers over a host of other offers that included Virginia Tech, Washington State, Appalachian State and Georgia State University.
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound dual-threat QB visited Virginia on June 27th.

In the condensed 2020 season, Sellers passed for 1,077 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also rushed for 618 yards and 13 more scores.

That followed a monster freshman campaign which saw him pass for 1,403 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Last edited:
He may really like the school. Possibly wants to meet the coaching staff. New staff may sell them on their vision but you do not get Beck.

Check the Basketball side; Juli Boeheim has been a recruiting benefit for the men’s program since she married JAB and settled into Syracuse. Her positive influence with mothers of recruits makes a huge difference. Most mothers want to make sure their children will be supported by programs with solid concern for their well-being, including academics. All of Juli’s children are good students with outstanding character’s!
Will GMac’s wife do the same next year? :cool:

He may really like the school. Possibly wants to meet the coaching staff. New staff may sell them on their vision but you do not get Beck.
Maybe one of the Hoo visitors can weigh in here but I looked at the UVa coaching staff, which is supposedly set now, and I don’t see anyone who has ever coached QBs before.

Elliott has an RB coach background. Kutchings, the new OC, also has an RB background. Both got their reps as recruiters and both have been, I am trying to be mind, not tremendous successes as OCs. They had to bring the Air Force DCs boy with him to get him to come, so now they have to put a defensive coach at RB.

IMHO, Elliott did a poor job putting together his staff on the offensive side. Hagans probably is going to have to move up to be the QB coach. By all accounts he was a good WR coach, he played QB in college and maybe he will make a smooth transition here. He better because it looks to me as though he is the only coach on staff who knows much about passing offenses.

Maybe that defensive coach that is moving off to offensive will take over the WRs? I think it is pretty clear Elliott valued recruiters on offense, and it looks to me as though he is going to remake the Hoo offense completely, and try and make them run dominant. Surprised given they have a really good QB and some good WRs returning.

If I were an RB considering UVa, I would be encouraged. If I were a QB or WR, not so much. Going to be very interested to see how the UVa offense does next season. Especially given they lost their OL.

7D3E9F9D-0C35-4828-92FF-30E5615E7D4F.png

Let's pause for a moment. This is directed squarely at the folks who have been complaining about our recruiting rankings and positioning in the ACC.

His current rating on 247sports is .8628/87. If you look at the average player rating for the 2022 class, a rating of 87 is ahead of VT, BC, GT, Duke, Louisville, Pitt, WF, and UVA. It is behind the average player rating for UNC, FSU, Clemson, Miami. It is almost exactly the rating for NCST. So by the averages, a class of this player's rating would put us tied for 5th in the ACC. Is that high enough? Do you think he's a take?

Let's pause for a moment. This is directed squarely at the folks who have been complaining about our recruiting rankings and positioning in the ACC.

His current rating on 247sports is .8628/87. If you look at the average player rating for the 2022 class, a rating of 87 is ahead of VT, BC, GT, Duke, Louisville, Pitt, WF, and UVA. It is behind the average player rating for UNC, FSU, Clemson, Miami. It is almost exactly the rating for NCST. So by the averages, a class of this player's rating would put us tied for 5th in the ACC. Is that high enough? Do you think he's a take?

It depends.

Does he have DL speed?

If so - he’s a take for us.
But not a taek for SUNJ.

If our new OC and QB Coach like him, yes!

HMmmmmmmm.
Why i don't know WHAT to think!!!!
A recruiting event like this would put us 5th place in the ACC for the 2023 class.
Rarified air indeed...oxygen masks could fall out of the ceiling at any minute.
Why a CUSE commit in a cycle BEFORE May 1...MUST be some sort of taboo!!

HMmmmmmmm.
Why i don't know WHAT to think!!!!
A recruiting event like this would put us 5th place in the ACC for the 2023 class.
Rarified air indeed...oxygen masks could fall out of the ceiling at any minute.
Why a CUSE commit in a cycle BEFORE May 1...MUST be some sort of taboo!!
Hate to burst your bubble but commits before May 1 aren't unusual. Had them the last two recruiting classes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom