Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

I hope that Sellers makes it to Cuse. Would be a big loss if he flips, but we are still in a really spot at the position.

I'll say this...

If Sellers were to go to SC...

It's a loss. Of course it's a loss. However...

It would be a MUCH bigger loss if we had their OC and no Sellers vs having Beck but no Sellers.

Beck is the most important piece to this puzzle. He and Sellers together is the absolute goal, but look at what he's done with every QB put in front of him. I'm much more confident in Beck than Loggains, no matter what QB or QB-recruits we get.

I'll say this...

It would be a MUCH bigger loss if we had their OC and no Sellers vs having Beck but no Sellers.

Beck is the most important piece to this puzzle. He and Sellers together is the absolute goal, but look at what he's done with every QB put in front of him. I'm much more confident in Beck than Loggains, no matter what QB or QB-recruits we get.
yep, we will be fine, I am already resigned to the fact that this is going to happen, playing locally so your friends and family can go to every home game is a powerful thing, and whatever cash they are sending his way is as well. Loggains is an absolute stiff, he is the poster child for why the NFL has the Rooney Rule(and why it doesn't work)

yep, we will be fine, I am already resigned to the fact that this is going to happen, playing locally so your friends and family can go to every home game is a powerful thing, and whatever cash they are sending his way is as well. Loggains is an absolute stiff, he is the poster child for why the NFL has the Rooney Rule(and why it doesn't work)

Yeah for sure. IMO, if the staff keeps him, that is an unbelievable win.

I'll say this...

Nice framing, agree.

I hope he stays committed ...but am more concerned that most recent committments (juco , etc ) are from players who have no ranking and offers from D2 schools at best ...and we are at the bottom of the ACC by a mile in recruiting!
Rankings include quantity and are class is smaller than usual.

Hey Syracuse fans on the socials - if he chooses them don’t be a holes we might need to re-recruit him in a year

Hey Mr. Sellers - I’d bet deep down you know what’s best for your career. Relationships matter. Trust matters.

These offers from Liberty and Georgia Tech last minute almost make think he’s delaying his decision until February and other schools are trying to get in. I know he said he’d be signing early and all but…
This is a case of a player blowing up and schools offering in an attempt at getting him to postpone his signing to February. I thought that Sellers was planning on being an early enrollee? If that is still the case he will sign tomorrow.

Hey Syracuse fans on the socials - if he chooses them don’t be a holes we might need to re-recruit him in a year

Hey Mr. Sellers - I’d bet deep down you know what’s best for your career. Relationships matter. Trust matters.
Tell that to Cuse sports 44 on twitter, he already said something lol.

If we lose Sellers. I’m still not 100% sold we do and I truly think its 50/50.

I’m very confident Beck can recover and find us another quality QB. We already know Shrader is the starter and what most people are forgetting is that Lamson is what, a Sophmore? From everything I hear kid is a stud and was going to push Shrader this year for starting if he never got hurt. Lamson likely would have been the one to replace Shrader when he got hurt.

It’ll be a blow if we lose Sellers but nothing we can’t recover from. We’ve been here before. Shrader is going to be very good next year and Lamson is his likely replacement. And you have serviceable QBs in CDRW and Morgan on the roster already. Beck will find us another really good QB, he has the track record, credentials, recruiting ability to do so. I have literally ZERO worry about that position as long as Beck is here lol

You've never been to Florence, SC have you.
I tend to think that SU knows Sellers has made a decision. If he has chosen SC, I think that they would already offered another QB, and it probably would have been public, based on the noise the past few days.

I hope that Sellers makes it to Cuse. Would be a big loss if he flips, but we are still in a really spot at the position.
This post is not directed specifically at you because I appreciate the point that you, and others, are making with respect to the QB room relative to Sellers's decision.

I just hope that this type of thinking never influences the staff's approach with respect to recruiting, most especially at the QB position. Programs like SU can not afford to believe that "We are still in a really good spot at the QB position" even if player X decides not to sign with Syracuse. My very strong bias is that they should be aggressively looking to add talent to the QB room every cycle.

If we keep Sellers, that is three 4 star recruits in one QB room. Plus Lamson.

If we lose him, we have two 4 star QBs and Lamson + whoever Beck can get still.

And, keep in mind, if things go south at USC for Sellers, I'm guessing he'd at least have a chat with Beck to portal after the year.

I want Sellers. I think he's a real talent. I think Beck would unleash this kid like USC cannot. But with Shrader and CDRW and Lamson, I'm absolutely fine.

Honestly, this is house money right now. We are going punch for punch with a very solid SEC team for a 4 star dual threat QB grabbing him from his backyard.

The writing has been on the wall for a while now. Hopefully we worked up some sort of plan B. Staff did pretty much all they could short of kidnapping him and forcing him to sign an NLOI by gunpoint so you can't really blame them.

Half measures.

They should have kidnapped him.

We need a Syracuse chateau to have these kids take winter break while we need to get them to sign. Who says you can't sign your LOI from a vineyard in France?

Forget NIL, make this kid an honorary royal and let him sip from the finest wines in all the world.

This post is not directed specifically at you because I appreciate the point that you, and others, are making with respect to the QB room relative to Sellers's decision.

I just hope that this type of thinking never influences the staff's approach with respect to recruiting, most especially at the QB position. Programs like SU can not afford to believe that "We are still in a really good spot at the QB position" even if player X decides not to sign with Syracuse. My very strong bias is that they should be aggressively looking to add talent to the QB room every cycle.
Generally agree, but we have Lamson who likely has four years left and DelRioWilson and Morgan who have 3. That's 4 scholarship QBs for 2023. If none of them distinguish themselves as a QB2 in 2023 we will look pretty attractive to the HS and Portal class of 2024.

All becomes moot if Sellers does not flip, of course.

Tough loss assuming he does end up flipping. Really thought the Beck connection and him standing with Sellers through the injury would take us across the finish line. I don’t think we did anything wrong here, I just think a 17 year old kid wants to stay home. With how close this recruitment was you’d think if he ever does hit the portal for any reason we’d have the inside track to landing him, especially with Beck still on staff. Let’s see what Beck can turn CDRW into.

Generally agree, but we have Lamson who likely has four years left and DelRioWilson and Morgan who have 3. That's 4 scholarship QBs for 2023. If none of them distinguish themselves as a QB2 in 2023 we will look pretty attractive to the HS and Portal class of 2024.

All becomes moot if Sellers does not flip, of course.
I think the “get the best you can” needs to be the mindset even if sellers commits. There’s no guarantee he’s going to be a star, and we know that there is also no guarantee he stays even if he does get backup minutes to shrader.