Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

He looks awesome in his videos, but where is he 4 stars? He looks 4 star worthy to me, I am no expert, but I don't see where he is 4 star.
Yeah, I don't see him either but his highlights are great. Marcus Freeman at ND sure has it going . On 247, he already has commits from 1-5* and 8-4* players. That's nuts.

We're going to have a QB room (potentially) consisting of
Villari
Shrader
Lamson
Sellers
I like this approach much better than anointing a chosen one. This is the way. Oh, and all of them are mobile. I am a faithful believer that we will see a completely different shrader this year too. In a good way.

Is there a particular reason whey you left out Morgan ?

A7551E16-7144-4879-A227-EC8BB4325186.jpeg

Is there a particular reason whey you left out Morgan ?
Because I don't see Morgan as being the same caliber as the rest on there and the other 4 are dual threat, which is what our system needs in the ACC.

Seems odd to leave him off the QB room list since he's a) on the team and b) was ahead of lamson last year. The spring QB depth will be watched intently for sure.

Yeah - Lamson did NOT play his SR year in HS, while meanwhile Captain Morgan was in college, and has actual game experience.

Not really sure where all the Lamson love is coming from - I mean, yeah - he was very much a Dungey-esque player in HS - but that dates back to his JUNIOR year.

Unless he's made amazing strides in the one + year in college, I can't imagine how Morgan isn't ahead of him, even now.

Yeah - Lamson did NOT play his SR year in HS, while meanwhile Captain Morgan was in college, and has actual game experience.

Not really sure where all the Lamson love is coming from - I mean, yeah - he was very much a Dungey-esque player in HS - but that dates back to his JUNIOR year.

Unless he's made amazing strides in the one + year in college, I can't imagine how Morgan isn't ahead of him, even now.
I think Morgan or Lamson transfers this spring, no? I mean we are stocked at QB for the future especially with Sellers coming to town spring 23 (hopefully an early enrollee)

!!!!!!

It's a sickness on this board. You would think we recruit 5 stars on the reg the way people romanticize our unproven recruits

Am I alone in thinking Jacobian looked fine in his limited appearances the past two years?

Talent separation from first string to fifth is not substantial with this potential qb room

Morgan has game experience because we had no one else. But he's not a Dual Threat, and we've shown we NEED a Dual Threat. Morgan was a QB who had no other P5 interest, and Lamson is a kid with a good arm and wheels that Louisville wanted bad. Morgan looked ok in there, like the kid, but I'd be willing to bet he never has a shot at meaningful snaps here again, and I could see Lamson, because of his playing style, getting worked in eventually. I predict Morgan will transfer either this spring or at the end of the season.

I think Morgan or Lamson transfers this spring, no? I mean we are stocked at QB for the future especially with Sellers coming to town spring 23 (hopefully an early enrollee)

It's funny that we're the only college team who needs QBs but transfers kids out because our QB room has 4 kids in it. You'd think all the top 10-15 schools only have 2 kids. A senior and an incoming freshman.

Shrader should be gone by the time Sellars is ready to see the field. (Covid freebies not calcualted)

Shrader JR
Vilari RSO
Morgan RFR
Lamson RFR
Sellars senior in HS

Shrader SR
Vilari RJR
Morgan RSO
Lamson RSO
Sellars TFR

Villari RJR
Morgan RSO
Lamson RSO
Sellars RFR

Villari SR
Morgan JR
Lamson JR
Sellars RSO

Morgan has game experience because we had no one else. But he's not a Dual Threat, and we've shown we NEED a Dual Threat. Morgan was a QB who had no other P5 interest, and Lamson is a kid with a good arm and wheels that Louisville wanted bad. Morgan looked ok in there, like the kid, but I'd be willing to bet he never has a shot at meaningful snaps here again, and I could see Lamson, because of his playing style, getting worked in eventually. I predict Morgan will transfer either this spring or at the end of the season.

define dual threat? Morgan isn't an option QB but seemed to my eyes to be able to scramble, run around and extend plays.

define dual threat? Morgan isn't an option QB but seemed to my eyes to be able to scramble, run around and extend plays.

A QB who extends plays and is capable of breaking off big runs. Devito, for example, was capable of breaking off some nice runs. But his ability to consistently extend a play was non-existent.

Yes, the staff is leaning towards dual threats but I can not say some one is better until its actually shown on the field or depth chart. Jacobian could get beat out and transfer but it doesn't mean Lamson is better than him now. There is no evidence of it and HS performance and accolades means nothing at this point.

It's funny that we're the only college team who needs QBs but transfers kids out because our QB room has 4 kids in it. You'd think all the top 10-15 schools only have 2 kids. A senior and an incoming freshman.

Shrader should be gone by the time Sellars is ready to see the field. (Covid freebies not calcualted)

Shrader JR
Vilari RSO
Morgan RFR
Lamson RFR
Sellars senior in HS

Shrader SR
Vilari RJR
Morgan RSO
Lamson RSO
Sellars TFR

Villari RJR
Morgan RSO
Lamson RSO
Sellars RFR

Villari SR
Morgan JR
Lamson JR
Sellars RSO

I believe Villari is a Redshirt Freshman in 2022, 4 years of eligibility remaining.

Edit: just realized you have him in all 4 years, but the labels are slightly off.

Yes, the staff is leaning towards dual threats but I can not say some one is better until its actually shown on the field or depth chart. Jacobian could get beat out and transfer but it doesn't mean Lamson is better than him now. There is no evidence of it and HS performance and accolades means nothing at this point.
I'm not necessarily saying he's better, I'm saying it's almost certain someone is going to transfer. Based on system, it'd make more sense Morgan transfers. Wouldn't be shocked if both transfer either. Anyways, sorry to derail. Excited for Sellers, and excited to see who else this helps us with.

Two thoughts:

After Shrader, Morgan has accomplished the most among all our QBs at this level.

I wouldn't necessarily expect a transfer unless it's abundantly clear that a dude simply doesn't fit now/there's clear separation landing someone at the bottom. With a new offensive staff and position coach there's a fresh start and opportunity. I suspect guys will want to see just a little about what that could mean for them, and I'm not sure that all happens after just spring ball.

Lamson is the second early QB commit of the Babers era. Sellers becomes the 3rd. Devito was the 1st.

Not saying your take is incorrect and we have no idea where they stand now, but the expectations for Lamson and Morgan (who most fans incorrectly wrote off when he committed, most were far more excited for Markiewicz) were drastically different upon their entrance into the program and that permeates through how they are perceived, even now.

QB play during the spring will be fascinating and insightful to watch. 4 dudes w/ D-1 tools. Been awhile since that has occurred at Syracuse. Hopefully it helps the WR's develop quicker with the lack of drop off and consistent arm strength throughout the group to give them a chance against a talented secondary day in and day out.

I'm not necessarily saying he's better, I'm saying it's almost certain someone is going to transfer. Based on system, it'd make more sense Morgan transfers. Wouldn't be shocked if both transfer either. Anyways, sorry to derail. Excited for Sellers, and excited to see who else this helps us with.
I don't think Morgan transfers. It's not always about playing time. Sometimes it's actually about getting that degree.

So I guess next years QB commit is going to make us forget about Sellers and Villari. As fans we are fascinated with the next guy. The next guy always seems to have more potential and we view potential as a brighter future for the program.

So I guess next years QB commit is going to make us forget about Sellers and Villari. As fans we are fascinated with the next guy. The next guy always seems to have more potential and we view potential as a brighter future for the program.
I dunno. To me, there's a big difference between Villari and Sellers. Other than that he transferred from Michigan and that he's from NYS, Villari has struck me as depth at best, a possible marginal upgrade from Schrader, but in no way a sure thing. And perhaps I've misread the board, but I don't think he's being heralded as a savior.

With Sellers, it's the potential factor that excites me. A legit national recruit who bought in early. Not planning on looking ahead to 'next year's model' just yet.

Of course, next year you may be proven correct.

Yes, I view Sellers and Lamson, who actually had P5 offers (and are dual threat QBs), as guys with more potential to play meaningful snaps at Syracuse, than a guy with no other interest and -25 rushing yards in his 3 games. Could that be wrong? Of course, but stop acting like it's unreasonable because he took some snaps when we were down to no other options. You think the staff believes Morgan is going to play?

I've moved on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom