Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Crusty said:
Exactly which recruits are you stressing over? Seems to me the moves they have made already have improved the class for their system.

I trust the staff #1. If they think they can do better, they should go for it.

My opinion is that the window with recruits is small. That means the risk is greater. This is fact.

The danger is losing option B in hopes of option A - and ending up with option C. This is fact.

So to recap - I'm not "stressing" over anything. I trust the staff. They want to own it and they do. But to suggest every move they make is without risk is crazy talk.

I totally understand if the staff thinks the kid is too small or whatever it may be, to be QB in their system, but when I see a Louisiana QB who throws for about 3,000 yards and runs for another 1600(over 9 yards a carry), I want to make room for him as an athlete. If the kid wants to be a QB only and that means he goes elsewhere, that is understandable and ok with me. I do think they need to give him a shot as an athlete and if he accepts, then good deal.

I trust the staff #1. If they think they can do better, they should go for it.

My opinion is that the window with recruits is small. That means the risk is greater. This is fact.

The danger is losing option B in hopes of option A - and ending up with option C. This is fact.

So to recap - I'm not "stressing" over anything. I trust the staff. They want to own it and they do. But to suggest every move they make is without risk is crazy talk.
So far we have only had one decommit more than we have had committed. Seems like a non-issue so far.

So far we have only had one decommit more than we have had committed. Seems like a non-issue so far.
Well, two now actually. 4 decommits, 2 commits. But I'd be surprised if we don't get up to 4 commits sooner than later. Maybe more.

Crusty said:

Agreed. That's why I'm not stressing

I totally understand if the staff thinks the kid is too small or whatever it may be, to be QB in their system, but when I see a Louisiana QB who throws for about 3,000 yards and runs for another 1600(over 9 yards a carry), I want to make room for him as an athlete. If the kid wants to be a QB only and that means he goes elsewhere, that is understandable and ok with me. I do think they need to give him a shot as an athlete and if he accepts, then good deal.
If he holds out hope for a pro career it may be in his interest to take a look at safety. I do find it perplexing regarding the lack of P5 offers, particularly schools looking for a dual threat QB, but from what is known of the Babers' system, I could see a premium being placed on height and accuracy. So I get both sides of the question, but still really hope the kid comes here.

Well, two now actually. 4 decommits, 2 commits. But I'd be surprised if we don't get up to 4 commits sooner than later. Maybe more.
2 star lineman Brouse just decommitted.

2 star lineman Brouse just decommitted.
I know. That's why I said 4 decommits. You said we've only had one more decommit than we've gotten committed; the new staff has two new commits, and now 4 decommits, so that's two more decommitted than have committed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you were originally saying.

I know. That's why I said 4 decommits. You said we've only had one more decommit than we've gotten committed; the new staff has two new commits, and now 4 decommits, so that's two more decommitted than have committed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you were originally saying.
LOL I posted before I knew of the Bourse decommitt, which, as you said, made it two more. Bad timing on my part!

Not an insider, so I don't know, but I suspect the staff is interested in him as an athlete, but Scott wants to go somewhere he's sure he can play QB. Again, this is pure speculation on my part, it just makes a certain kind of sense.

Putting down a quality young person , how nice.
Are you saying that by mentioning the number of stars he has that's a put down? Holy sensitivity, Batman. People refer to recruits in conjunction with how many stars they're rated all the time. If Noel was a 3-star kid and he said "3-star OL Noel Brouse" would that be putting him down too, since he's not calling him a 4-star kid?

Good lord.

Are you saying that by mentioning the number of stars he has that's a put down? Holy sensitivity, Batman. People refer to recruits in conjunction with how many stars they're rated all the time. If Noel was a 3-star kid and he said "3-star OL Noel Brouse" would that be putting him down too, since he's not calling him a 4-star kid?

Good lord.
It's a bad look for Syracuse University.

You referred to him as having 2-stars. That's apparently an insult despite it being a plain and simple fact.

This is the most bizarre thing I've seen on this board in awhile, and I regularly read CuseHulk's posts so that's saying something.
Geez Pugh was 2 star as was Chandler Jones. Not exactly a put down uf you know anything about Orange football.

But they can't let go so many that it effects depth. Syracuse is not a state school where you have a surplus of players from walk ons. Plus there is always the 25 per class year limit.
I'm sure those are both considerations.
The point I was trying to make is that in addition to evaluating new recruits and commits from offers extended by the previous staff, Babers & staff need to be taking a hard look at the make-up of the current roster.

I'm sure those are both considerations.
The point I was trying to make is that in addition to evaluating new recruits and commits from offers extended by the previous staff, Babers & staff need to be taking a hard look at the make-up of the current roster.
And I am sure there will be some players urged to transfer. I'm just saying that it is difficult to make those changes all at once for depth purposes.

And I am sure there will be some players urged to transfer. I'm just saying that it is difficult to make those changes all at once for depth purposes.

Yep. Like I said a few weeks ago, you're going to see decommits and transfers. And if you don't, then we hired the wrong staff.

It's a bad look for Syracuse University.
upload_2015-12-14_14-16-17.jpeg