Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

I'm probably crazy but he was one the top 2 guys i didn't want to lose in this class. Really was trying to not get my hopes up so this is great news, selfishly, but I'm ok with that.

image.jpg

I would think if Babers likes what he sees out of these 3 he stays put at QB this year and next year goes all in on some stud 4* kid who will push those other 3 from the get go.

This kid was a must retain in everyone's eyes, right? His height is the only issue I can find and it sounds like he'd be a high 4 or 5 star if he was 3 inches taller. I don't know if he'll be a great or even good college QB but sure seems like he will be a player wherever he ends up playing. I like these types of recruits, a talent no matter where they line up.

Bring him in see what he can do, move if necessary but this kid is a playmaker!

doesnt the briles offense really lend itself to undersized kids since the wider line splits and more guys running routes makes better passing lanes?

I would think if Babers likes what he sees out of these 3 he stays put at QB this year and next year goes all in on some stud 4* kid who will push those other 3 from the get go.

The three being; Dungey, Scott and Culpepper, right? That's the best prospective young QB talent we've had in many years! Really hope that Dungey stays healthy and that we get some unexpected WR production from Womack or Custis/Enoicy or any incoming freshmen. Obviously it all needs to start with improved Oline play which may be the biggest unknown going into this season.

doesnt the briles offense really lend itself to undersized kids since the wider line splits and more guys running routes makes better passing lanes?
The wider splits open lanes so just the opposite might be argued. Briles has big linemen and BG has mostly big boys as well. I think the key may just be agility. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

it still comes down release point, 5-10 kid could have the arm length of a 6-1 kid and a 6-2 kid could have short arms. if they have a good release point or can adjust the throwing windows they can make throws they want, you dont tend to get deep balls knocked down and this offense throws a ton of those

it still comes down release point, 5-10 kid could have the arm length of a 6-1 kid and a 6-2 kid could have short arms. if they have a good release point or can adjust the throwing windows they can make throws they want, you dont tend to get deep balls knocked down and this offense throws a ton of those
I'll also say that, while it's obviously a different level, one thing that stands out every time I watch Scott's film is his ability to get the ball out at different release points and angles. Obviously, dealing with throwing over an OL and dealing with his height isn't new to him. He's pretty crafty in terms of finding ways to deliver the ball.

IMO, Lindsey Scott is a winner and seems to find a way of making plays. He is also an intelligent individual. Winners like Lindsey are always good pick ups. History demonstrates that short-in-stature QB's can be winners in college and the Pros. I hope he is one of our 2016 signings.

Besides Moe this is the one kid I wanted to make sure we got. Even if this kid doesn't see much playing time I have a feeling his attitude will alone help this team. Hopefully our 2 new QB's get to redshirt and take all of Babers system in.

It's obvious that they made one last try for Brown, and when that fell through and he signed with BC, they got on the phone to Scott. Glad it went that way, and that they reaffirmed Scott's commitment. Now if the staff will reaffirm Riggins commitment, we will be doing alright.

jekelish said:
I believe that was in response to the constant comments about his height, based on context. His dad had tweeted about the thing about Lindsey's height, and then Steve Clark's dad tweeted to him, "It's insane, isn't it?" and that's what Scott's dad replied to with "it is what it is."

Sounds like Scotts Dad is much more prepared for what it is upcoming.

Rivals Profile is showing the following:

Visiting Harvard 1/15
Visiting Syracuse 1/22
Visiting Wake Forest 1/29

All have offered. High interest in All.

And.....High interest in LSU. No Offer.

Interesting as to how this is playing out now. If true, things aren't as clear as I thought they were a few days ago. Hope the slow play doesn't end up hurting us in the long run. Really wanna see how this kid ends up and hope it's with us.

Rivals Profile is showing the following:

Visiting Harvard 1/15
Visiting Syracuse 1/22
Visiting Wake Forest 1/29

All have offered. High interest in All.

And...High interest in LSU. No Offer.

It was on Twitter the other day that LSU was reaching out. If that happens I assume we're dead in the water.

I would be more worried if that came from Skout. Rovals is often way off and hopefully is here...

Hey I look at it that he committed to us not the other two. However if LSU jumps in, then I worry some. But still he would be getting playing time with us and not to sure with LSU.

Hey I look at it that he committed to us not the other two. However if LSU jumps in, then I worry some. But still he would be getting playing time with us and not to sure with LSU.

If LSU offers him a spot at QB, I'd frankly be absolutely shocked if he didn't flip on the spot. They have an unsettled QB situation, playing in the SEC, his home state team that is a national powerhouse, the ability to play with a top notch defense and running game (especially while Fournette is there)

We can't compete with that, not today anyways