Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

His father just posted two camp registrations with measurements (from Oregon state and LSU) that has him at 5'11 1/4" and 5'11 1/2" and 200-203 lbs

I saw that. I think this staff considers him a backup option, except nothing solid seems to be cooking on the QB front(yet), at least from what we have heard. The kid may jump on the Tulane offer and stay home.

I still don't get why, supposedly if he was a few inches taller he'd be recruited by the SEC, but nobody else has offered him (other than Tulane). It doesn't make a lot of sense.

HeaterCuse22 said:
His father just posted two camp registrations with measurements (from Oregon state and LSU) that has him at 5'11 1/4" and 5'11 1/2" and 200-203 lbs

And Bowling Green's QB Johnson is 6'. I think the height thing is being overblown (if he is indeed 5'11).

My guess is that they have some other guys they've been on longer that may flip and are stringing this kid along as a 2nd option.

Just hope they don't wait too long.

This one doesnt make any sense. We basically have ED who is one hit away from never playing for us again, Wilson who i like but has never put it together, The general who doesnt seem to have the arm for this O and Culpepper who is coming off an injury. We need another QB

The height of a high school senior is misleading, I'm 69, and when I graduated my height was 5-11. Four years later, when I left the Army I was 6-2 1/2, so you really don't know where someone ends up.

The height of a high school senior is misleading, I'm 69, and when I graduated my height was 5-11. Four years later, when I left the Army I was 6-2 1/2, so you really don't know where someone ends up.
I was 6-2 as a high school senior, and I'm 6-2 now, at age 35. I was 6-1 as a high school freshman. My feet have been size 14 since I was 14 years old. I peaked early :( with the whole "growing" thing.

I was 6-2 as a high school senior, and I'm 6-2 now, at age 35. I was 6-1 as a high school freshman. My feet have been size 14 since I was 14 years old. I peaked early :( with the whole "growing" thing.

And, since he seems to be a fairly legit 5'11" and 200lbs, it's not like we couldn't use him at another position, IF the QB thing didn't pan out.

What other QB's are we potentially targeting??
Anthony Brown - that ship has sailed.
David Moore - likely to flip from SMU, but are we even in the conversation?
Other??

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Particularly when the bird in the hand was the 2x Offensive POY, State Champion MVP, and overall Gatorade POY for Louisiana, at the highest level.

And, since he seems to be a fairly legit 5'11" and 200lbs, it's not like we couldn't use him at another position, IF the QB thing didn't pan out.

Other??

Particularly when the bird in the hand was the 2x Offensive POY, State Champion MVP, and overall Gatorade POY for Louisiana, at the highest level.
You never know with Moore as his father was a pretty good Lax player here at S.U.

When I got my driver's license, I was 5'7". When I got to Syracuse, I was 6'1". I'd get carded at bars and the bouncers would go, "This says you're 5'7". My reply? "I grew, dipshit".

You mustve been one goofy mofo as a 6'1" 12 year old

Get over the height thing. Just order his game shoes with an extra 1 1/2 " soles.

I was 5'9" when I graduated from HS. I am now 52 and I am 5"7"...sucks getting old.

I was 6'0 in 5th grade. My doctor told my family I had growth plates wide open and could grow as tall as 6'11. Three inches since then... So heart breaking.

I was 6'0 in 5th grade. My doctor told my family I had growth plates wide open and could grow as tall as 6'11. Three inches since then... So heart breaking.
But on the flipside, if you're not going to play in the NBA, it's more of a pain in the ass than anything to be taller than, say, 6-6 or so.

Other??

Good question and then what's the height difference if that's the issue.
Lindsey Scott - 5'-11" 200lb
Anthony Brown - 6'-2" - 190lb
David Moore - 6'-1" - 195lb
Other??

IMHO height is greatly over-rated for a QB at the collegiate level. The college game is such that the better QBs find lanes with their legs, particularly if spread O's are used. I can't really compare Scott to other possible alternatives, but he sure looked impressive on the video clips that have been posted. I definitely would not want to see this bird that is still at least somewhat in hand fly the coup unless we could land another better prospect @ QB, and even then it would not hurt to take this kid as a QB - athlete.

Good question and then what's the height difference if that's the issue.
Lindsey Scott - 5'-11" 200lb
Anthony Brown - 6'-2" - 190lb
David Moore - 6'-1" - 195lb
Other??

I believe the first QB the new staff offered was Gunnar Hoak - he's 6'4" (KY commit)
They may have also offered Josh Jackson - 6'2" (VT commit)

I believe the first QB the new staff offered was Gunnar Hoak - he's 6'4" (KY commit)
They may have also offered Josh Jackson - 6'2" (VT commit)
Jackson had an offer from Shafers' staff.

IMHO height is greatly over-rated for a QB at the collegiate level. The college game is such that the better QBs find lanes with their legs, particularly if spread O's are used. I can't really compare Scott to other possible alternatives, but he sure looked impressive on the video clips that have been posted. I definitely would not want to see this bird that is still at least somewhat in hand fly the coup unless we could land another better prospect @ QB, and even then it would not hurt to take this kid as a QB - athlete.

It's over rated at every level, every QB at every level throws in lanes.

http://grantland.com/features/how-new-class-promising-nfl-quarterbacks-reach-greatness/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom