Class of 2020 - QB Luke MacPhail (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/5/2020) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Luke MacPhail (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/5/2020)

A taller one too. Three QBs added 6'4 and taller in the span of a couple of weeks. Welcome Luke!

We might not have landed an elite prospect, but I really like the upside and physical tools of all three of the QB recruits. And in the case of Markewicz, the obvious refined passing capabilities.

We might not have landed an elite prospect, but I really like the upside and physical tools of all three of the QB recruits. And in the case of Markewicz, the obvious refined passing capabilities.
At this point it's a #s game approach.

We've got 3 new QBs. We need one (or Summers, or 2021 'croot) to become something. Numbers are in our favor for now. Hopefully between the numbers approach and being really selective and getting a guy of our preference in the next class we get a highflyer.

Gentlemen start your engines ! Competition is always good. Get after it.

NLI Day Random Stuff. Don't think it warrants a new thread:

In all likelihood at least one of these 3 QBs will compete. And, in time, the other 2 may contribute somewhere based on size alone (hmmm...I wonder if S&C could somehow be a factor here ).

As to this PWO Luke, I like his size. I think he's too big to Phail.

23/6 has us ranked 57th nationally. Not bad. Ahead of VT, Duke, BC and WF. But as with any stalwart fan, I think some of our guys are underrated- especially Tucker, Thompson, Carter and LaBrosse.

As it stands now OT Bleich is by far our #1 recruit/transfer. Hope he gets the waiver at our position of need.

Bring on the Spring Game.

Love this. He got himself a fan on day 1.

1KHw1b82_normal.jpg

Luke MacPhail@lmacphail37
Bleeding Orange since Day 1. Time to go to work!

NLI Day Random Stuff. Don't think it warrants a new thread:

In all likelihood at least one of these 3 QBs will compete. And, in time, the other 2 may contribute somewhere based on size alone (hmmm...I wonder if S&C could somehow be a factor here ).

As to this PWO Luke, I like his size. I think he's too big to Phail.

23/6 has us ranked 57th nationally. Not bad. Ahead of VT, Duke, BC and WF. But as with any stalwart fan, I think some of our guys are underrated- especially Tucker, Thompson, Carter and LaBrosse.

As it stands now OT Bleich is by far our #1 recruit/transfer. Hope he gets the waiver at our position of need.

Bring on the Spring Game.
Actually think the German TE is underrated, at his size if he can catch the ball, could be a monster, for the offense. A short yardage mis-match and an extra lineman for the running game.

Actually think the German TE is underrated, at his size if he can catch the ball, could be a monster, for the offense. A short yardage mis-match and an extra lineman for the running game.

I obviously don’t know how he’ll progress, but I’m really intrigued by how athletic he is for a big man. Good hands, hips, and body control. He could be very productive.

It's a good thing SU has a plethora of WR's to throw to with 7 QB's on the roster for practice. Welcome to the Hill Luke and PWO's have done quite well at SU and that has to be attractive to a lot of QB's who never got a chance. Excited to see what this young man has.

I obviously don’t know how he’ll progress, but I’m really intrigued by how athletic he is for a big man. Good hands, hips, and body control. He could be very productive.

And if he is ready to block and play some TE it could move Elmore to the DT full time...almost like getting a transfer at DT.

WOW!! I just watched his video! Man if you would of told me he was a 4 star recruit I would of believed you.

Kid has a good arm. Will be nice to have him after a few years learning the system and going through S&C. Looks like decent size on him.

Really excited to see how these guys look when we get closer to the season. Hopefully it will look like a competitive quality quarterback room vs what looked scary in the camp videos last year after Tommy.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out -- all THREE of the QBs we brought in last year have some impressive potential.

I don't think that the situation post DeVito is quite as dire as some believe. Wouldn't remotely be surprised to see one of these three end up being a stud.

That said, looking forward to landing a higher rated prospect in the class of 2021.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom