Class of 2018 - QB/P Zachary Wilson (UT) Committed to BYU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB/P Zachary Wilson (UT) Committed to BYU

Boise is as Mormon of a city as Salt Lake is. If he is a Mormon, I can’t see him going to a school unless that city has a strong Mormon contingency. Last I heard, there weren’t a lot of Mormons in Syracuse. It is a VERY tight knit community. I would guess he got a real offer from Utah or BYU or a PAC school that has some sort of strong community.
Being a Mormon that grew up in Syracuse, there are some. Not tons.

SU's recruiting strategy here should be to point out that BYU does not allow their students to have premarital seks.

Ask him if he likes premarital seks. If he does, tell him to commit to SU.

#orangeisthenewhorny
That's risky.

I imagine that you're supposing they ask this in front of his parents.

BYU has two QBs, one rated by 247 at .7993 and one other commit who would be rated just higher than him. If they were still going with two, they might be dropping the one kid and bringing Wilson on. Iowa has none and Utah has a 4* rated at .9333.

SU's recruiting strategy here should be to point out that BYU does not allow their students to have premarital seks.

Ask him if he likes premarital seks. If he does, tell him to commit to SU.

#orangeisthenewhorny
I'm guessing he wouldn't know...like Tebo...

Boise is as Mormon of a city as Salt Lake is. If he is a Mormon, I can’t see him going to a school unless that city has a strong Mormon contingency. Last I heard, there weren’t a lot of Mormons in Syracuse. It is a VERY tight knit community. I would guess he got a real offer from Utah or BYU or a PAC school that has some sort of strong community.

That didn’t stop Jabari Parker from going to Duke. It might be a piece of the puzzle, but it seems there are other factors at play.

The birthplace of the Mormon religion is Palmyra, located an hour from Syracuse. I am not Mormon, but it is my understanding that the annual Hill Cumorah Pageant, held in Palmyra, is a big deal for Mormons. I know when BYU played here, a lot of their fans that travelled here spent time in Palmyra.

The Salt City isn't Salt Lake City but it has some attraction for Mormons...

That didn’t stop Jabari Parker from going to Duke. It might be a piece of the puzzle, but it seems there are other factors at play.
And I never said he wouldn’t go to Syracuse or consider it, just that most people of that faith stick together.
I was given Idaho, and Boise specifically, as part of my sales territory several years back and the first thing I told them was that if I have Boise, I have to have SLC as well. Most of the businesses that I deal with in Boise are run from, and owned by, people in Utah.
Very, very close knit.

And I never said he wouldn’t go to Syracuse or consider it, just that most people of that faith stick together.
I was given Idaho, and Boise specifically, as part of my sales territory several years back and the first thing I told them was that if I have Boise, I have to have SLC as well. Most of the businesses that I deal with in Boise are run from, and owned by, people in Utah.
Very, very close knit.
You must've had Mesa, Arizona too.

The birthplace of the Mormon religion is Palmyra, located an hour from Syracuse. I am not Mormon, but it is my understanding that the annual Hill Cumorah Pageant, held in Palmyra, is a big deal for Mormons. I know when BYU played here, a lot of their fans that travelled here spent time in Palmyra.

The Salt City isn't Salt Lake City but it has some attraction for Mormons...
When I moved to Utah I didn't know there is a Syracuse, Utah. People would ask where I was from and I'd just say Syracuse, and I kept getting responses like "Oh yeah, I have a cousin there," and stuff like that. I finally come to find out about the Utah Syracuse, and it turns out it was thus named because one of the early town settlers was in the salt industry, and started labeling the bags as "Syracuse" due to the reputation for salt from back East people recognized. Eventually, the name just stuck for the place.

The More You Know

Also, the Hill Cumorah Pageant is awesome. If anybody hasn't ever been, check it out. It's free and entertaining, and gives insight into some of the beliefs Mormons have.

When I moved to Utah I didn't know there is a Syracuse, Utah. People would ask where I was from and I'd just say Syracuse, and I kept getting responses like "Oh yeah, I have a cousin there," and stuff like that. I finally come to find out about the Utah Syracuse, and it turns out it was thus named because one of the early town settlers was in the salt industry, and started labeling the bags as "Syracuse" due to the reputation for salt from back East people recognized. Eventually, the name just stuck for the place.

The More You Know

Also, the Hill Cumorah Pageant is awesome. If anybody hasn't ever been, check it out. It's free and entertaining, and gives insight into some of the beliefs Mormons have.
I knew there was a Syracuse, Utah as all is known in the twitterverse,;)
SyracuseTitans_FB (@CuseTitans_FB) | Twitter

I knew there was a Syracuse, Utah as all is known in the twitterverse,;)
SyracuseTitans_FB (@CuseTitans_FB) | Twitter
So, you're saying they not only stole the Syracuse name, but also the Cuse handle?

OttoinGrotto - I can't believe you have allowed this to happen. Good win over the Jordan Beetdiggers, though...
upload_2017-12-14_6-53-40.png

So, you're saying they not only stole the Syracuse name, but also the Cuse handle?

OttoinGrotto - I can't believe you have allowed this to happen. Good win over the Jordan Beetdiggers, though...
View attachment 117373
Yeah, what can I say? They think they're the real Syracuse.

There's also Snow College, and their S logo apparel is a blatant rip off of our Syracuse gear.

snow-college55d5c510efc9c.jpg

Apropos of nothing, I also briefly dated a girl that had been Miss Snow College.

She was also a knockout.

Yes, I'm still humble bragging.

The More You Know

So I shouldn't just rely on what Trey and Matt taught me in The Book of Mormon?!

I was friends with a half dozen or so Mormons when I went to Ithaca College. My friend Tony, an Italian-Catholic from Long Island, married a nice Mormon girl from Aurora. That was one interesting wedding I can tell you.

Is Zach Wilson dad from Hawaii? I see his twitter handle is wilsonOHANA? I bet he bonded well with Dino on that one.

Yeah, what can I say? They think they're the real Syracuse.

There's also Snow College, and their S logo apparel is a blatant rip off of our Syracuse gear.

snow-college55d5c510efc9c.jpg

Apropos of nothing, I also briefly dated a girl that had been Miss Snow College.

She was also a knockout.

Yes, I'm still humble bragging.

Yeah, but if she was a Mormon, then she didn't put out, so who cares? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors