Class of 2023 - QB Reese Mooney (LA) Portal from Liberty | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB Reese Mooney (LA) Portal from Liberty

Offers from FAU, Nebraska, Southern Miss, UMD, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Houston, BGSU, FIU, Syracuse

But he picked baseball, no?

Could be a safety commitment for baseball. Waiting to see who offers him as a QB for football.
I don’t respect that decision.

So what's the timeline here. Nov '19 commits to Houston for baseball. Nov '21 commits to Vandy for football and yesterday decommitted from Vandy?

#1 REESE MOONEY 2023 QB DENHAM SPRINGS LA
6' 1" 202 LBS ****

OFFERS: O, LSU, GA, FLST, AZST, WKY, WVA, SU< USF, UAB, TROY, TOL, TMPL, SMISS SAC, , OMISS, NMX, NEB, MIA, MEM, MD, LIB, KY, ILL, HOU, GRMBST, GT, GASTHN, FAU, FIU, CT, CO, CIN, BUFF, BG, ARKST, ARK, VAND

NOTE: REESE BROKE HIS ANKLE IN A GAME VS FRANKLINTON, LA ON SEPT 24, 2021 TAKING HIM OUT FOR THE 21-22 SEASON: STATS 2018-19/ 89-157 1491 YDS 16 TDS // RUN 88 YDS 2TDS GP 9
2019 -20/ 70- 111 1506 YDS 25 TDS// " 56 " " " " 8
2020 - 21 - out FOR SEASON BROKEN ANKLE

REESE HAS THE MOST OFFERS OF ANY QB I'VE COVERED 40. INTERESTING AND SOMEWHAT CONFUSING HOW HE WAS GOING TO VANDERBILT ON A BB RIDE, THEN HOUSTON FOR THE SAME, THEN SAT WITH HIS PARENTS AND DECIDED TO OPEN HIS RECRUITMENT FOR FOOTBALL.

THROWS BALL FOR HIS SIZE VERY WELL LONG, OVER DEFENSE INTO VERY TIGHT WINDOWS, NICE TOUCH WHEN HE HAS TO TAKE SOMETHING OFF THE BALL. I BELIVE HE HAS SO MANY OFFERS BECAUSE HE IS A GREAT ATHLETE, HAS A TREMENDOUS ARM FOR SOMEONE HIS SIZE ( NOT A PROTOTYPICAL QB RECRUIT @ 6' 3", 6' 4", 220), AND IS VERY ACCURATE WITH HIS PASSES.

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM AND QBHITLIST FROM LINK BELOW/ SUMMARY:
SIZE: DECENT SIZE
BALL: He throws the ball with a high release point, giving more height on delivery. Works well in the pocket with good agility for greater visibility.
ACCURACY:
Throws into tight windows. His throws are in-line with his receivers routes with excellent ball placement. Good anticipation of his receivers routes.
ARM STRENGTH:
He’s able to make all of the required throws with good velocity. A very dangerous vertical passing game, able to stretch the field with deep passes over the secondary. Tight ball on throws made at greater distances.
RELEASE:
Reese has an over the top delivery with a fully extended arm motion, generating increased momentum.
THROW ON RUN:
A pocket passer who shows good athleticism while getting to the outside. Does an excellent job squaring up with his receivers with proper body rotation.
FOOTWORK:
Shows good mobility and balance while on the run. Runs a 4.90/40.
HIGH FOOTBALL IQ - understands the game. Able to assess the situation on the field and locate his best option receivers. Very decisive with his throws.
TOUCH:
He’s able to take off something on his short and intermediate throws, creating a softer touch when needed. Tight trajectory on his throws made at long range

This is the type of portal entry that should go in the portal thread on the football board. Not the recruiting board since this staff is not recruiting him.

No one started a new thread. There was already a thread on him. Just consider it an update of an existing thread.

I can see an old thread was updated, but why update an old thread on the recruiting board for some rando kid who entered the portal that we’re not recruiting,

No dig at OX, just an overall comment since new posts default to the top and this kid has absolutely no significance.

I can see an old thread was updated, but why update an old thread on the recruiting board for some rando kid who entered the portal that we’re not recruiting,

No dig at OX, just an overall comment since new posts default to the top and this kid has absolutely no significance.

But don't you want to know the rest of the story???

Because it exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom