Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Libero2 said:
Nope. He signed papers binding the school to him, but not him to the school.

Essentially, if Shafer gets fired, and he still wants to come, the new coach has no choice but to take him, even if he doesn't. However Rex could decide to go wherever he wants if Shafer is fired.

I still expect him to be here regardless of Shafer, he's one of the guys I expect is solid regardless

I think at this stage with the ACL hes solid, shafe may have done him a solid on this, having him come early and sign papers. I hope he can be as good as we all think he can

Being realistic, this would be our 4th coach in 9 years. For parents sending their sons to school to play football, a revolving door wouldn't be an appealing option. Recruiting will be even harder in the future, because all the schools will use that against us.
Even harder than what? We have back to back 3 win seasons with classes ranking at the bottom of the ACC. Honestly we've been bouncing along the bottom for years and have only started to see signs of life since we started cashing those ACC paychecks. The only way to go is up. The fact that we only have 3-4 kids that are "must keeps" illustrates exactly where we are at the moment. We need more and better than what we've been getting.

Is he coming here ?

We offered him as a 2018 TE...not sure how many or what kind of TE's we are looking for in the new scheme, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the OL because I imagine lineman w/ quick feet will be necessary w/ these wide splits on the Oline.

Good sign that he is going down to visit Rex? I see Rex as a huge signee. We need a big arm & a good qb for the offense.