Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

I'll believe it when I see it, but if they somehow were to pull this off, given the reported offer list, and land an impact WR or a couple of 4/3 kids, my guess would be Shafer will have inoculated himself from any job risk.

Would definitely be next level recruiting on the offensive side of the ball.

...which is EXACTLY what we need.

My first thought: "Oh, I wonder if he's related to Dante Culpepper.." And then you hit me with literally the exact opposite.
I was going to with Ali Culpepper.

I was going to with Ali Culpepper.
Good ol' number 22.

He was number 22, right?

Why on earth do I remember that Ali Culpepper was number 22, if he was, in fact, number 22?

No hitch in his throw :) and taller than 5-11 for sure.

That's what I was going to say - I remember Miller having much more significant problems with his throwing motion.

Far cry from the losing out on Joe Dailey and landing Matt Hale 2003 recruiting cycle. This is pretty impressive that we miss out on our top kid but the next ones in line, Moore and Culpepper, look like they're more heavily recruited than Brown was. I'm impressed.

Whitey23 said:
because we like comparing recruits to previous players he reminds me of Jonny Miller.

Of course.

That's what I was going to say - I remember Miller having much more significant problems with his throwing motion.

Miller's hitch and mechanics were so bad I still can't get over the fact that Marrone offered him.

This is really exciting!

To have a player with this caliber of offers come onto the radar screen is EXACTLY the shot in the arm [along with Robert Washington] to get the fan base fired up. We're really starting to see the evidence that this staff CAN recruit at a high level. Which is of course what our program needs right now--playmakers, playmakers, playmakers, on both sides of the ball.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Agreed. In fact...if you check out the first page of this thread...I believe you'll see some wise poster made that comparison within the first 5-6 posts... ;)

Amazing I didn't know CTO posted much on the Football Board. **rimshot

That's interesting - I never realized that's how they break down the 3/4 star barrier, even though it seems like the most obvious thing in the world now that I think about it.

MONICA CULPEPPER ‏@monicaculpepper 40m40 minutes ago

MONICA CULPEPPER retweeted bambrewer

Hard not to love the CUSE fan base!
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png
1f525.png