Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

"We got waxed by Syracuse up there," Culpepper said. "I can remember that like yesterday. Our game was on homecoming. How disrespectful is that for homecoming? They're having the Gators for homecoming, and they kicked our ass.

"It was the loudest place I've ever heard and I played 20 years of football."

Brad Culpepper

love it!

He'd better not let any Clemson fans hear him say that.

I just took a quick 1 or 2 minute look at his highlights, but I don't remember him running with the ball any, and ESPN has him as a PP. That tells me that Lester must really really like him if he isn't a dual - threat. Personally id rsther have a qb who is going to beat you with his arm first so that's good news to me.

I liked the Nassib comparison. Strong arm, and athletic enough to move around in the pocket, but not exactly a running threat.

JK, any perspective on why the family seems so high on SU? I read the article--obviously, the 91 game left an impression on the dad, the loudness of the Dome, etc.

But any other reason for him being so high on the 'Cuse?
My guess is academics and fitting into the offense.

Someone tell Mr. Washington to tell Mr. Culpepper Hi...

For everyone that thinks i'm so far off in comparing Culpepper to Miller, here's a scouting report from ESPN back in 2009. He is listed as a 6'1 209 pound dual threat QB (PS.com said 6'3" 215). Couldnt find any free film except on his TOS bio. I won't link but i suggest you take a look before calling me a troll and a tool:

This kid has a chance to be very good. He is a polished pocket passer that happens to be a very good overall athlete and can make plays with his legs when things break down. Miller has just adequate height at this stage with potential for further growth. He is very sound fundamentally with his footwork and ball handling skills. Drop speed, balance and set up is very calm and consistent and he does a nice job of keeping his feet underneath him when planting to throw. Has a great feel for timing and when to get rid of the football. Can throw to a spot with anticipation and shows very good confidence in the scheme. Works from under center and out of the shotgun. Miller possesses the arm strength and delivery to make all the throws including those outside the numbers deep down the sideline. Shows impressive zip and RPM's on short and intermediate routes and does an excellent job of leading receivers and throwing a catchable ball. Can change ball speeds, shows touch on deep balls and balls in the red area. Overall accuracy and decision making is among the best in this class. Ball handling is an area he takes pride in. Play fakes are excellent and he is capable of throwing well on the run to both sides off bootlegs. While Miller has impressive tools as a passer, his presence in the pocket is also excellent. Has a nice feel for the rush, keeps his eyes downfield and possesses the feet to elude pressure and get out of the pocket. Is a good enough athlete to be considered a dual-threat and has very good speed for the position. Shows good initial quickness and the ability to make the first defender miss in the open field. Is tough, will lower his shoulder and fight for extra yards when on the move. Miller does not have ideal height, but he compensates with trust in the scheme and timing. The longer he holds onto the ball, the less effective he becomes as do most QB's. Overall, Miller will likely end up being one of the better passers this class has to offer. He has been well coached, well groomed on the fundamentals and he is highly productive both with his arm and legs. Excellent prospect.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ing/player/evaluation/_/id/69488/jonny-miller

CuseLegacy said:
If some of you can't get along on here put each other on ignore.

You're right. As usual ;).

"We got waxed by Syracuse up there," Culpepper said. "I can remember that like yesterday. Our game was on homecoming. How disrespectful is that for homecoming? They're having the Gators for homecoming, and they kicked our ass.

"It was the loudest place I've ever heard and I played 20 years of football."

Brad Culpepper

love it!
As a Syracuse fan we have to take that as "The Ultimate Complement " coming from a guy who played at Florida(swamp) the SEC and in the NFL speaks volumes. When the Dome is packed and the game is great their is no better atmosphere than Home sweet Home. I will always respect Brad for that compliment alone. I really do think that is why he respects Syracuse football and it's history and why Syracuse is very high on the families list.

The last 15 people Monica Culpepper has followed on Twitter are Syracuse coaches, fans, and journalists.

The latest is Missy Shafer. Seal that deal, Missy!

Outwit, Outplay, Outlast. :cool:

tribe.gif

I don't think that it will happen due to class separation, but I would love to hear Culpepper to Dunkelberger. Or as Brent Musburger would say "Culberger to Dunkelpepper" or as Len Elmore would say "Dulpepper to Warwick."

Last edited:
I am kicking myself. Rather than saying I can see Monica and Missy becoming good friends, I should have said "forming a power alliance."

Hey Monica, if you read this: Monica Culpepper and Missy Shafer team up for Amazing Race!

I still haven't watched the film yet but reading about the kid it seems like his character alone will be a good fit for Coach Shafer.